Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Beautiful Bottles - Second Day Release from MHK Designs

     When the title says "Beautiful Bottles," I know some of you are looking for beautiful wine bottles (you know who you are!) but that's not what we have for you today.  These are gorgeous vintage bottles from MHK Designs that are so versatile you'll want to have a whole stash of cards made with the bottles from this "Beautiful Bottles" set.  You can see a photo of the entire set at the end of this post.


     I used two of the bottles from the set for this card and I do believe I went a little crazy with design.  Both bottles are colored with my ProMarkers and the front bottle is fussy cut, while the other bottle is cut with a die.  The green mat behind it is first embossed with my "Linen" folder and then cut with another die.  The sentiment is printed and cut with another die, and all three of those dies are from the same Spellbinders set, "Radiant Rectangles."  All of those were cut from various scrap pieces lying on the table.

     The two bottles, the sentiment, and the mats behind them make up one half of the card front and they are actually layered onto the left side of a gatefold, overlapping the right hand gatefold which has the dp, ribbon strip, and bow.

     I found another scrap of dp on my desk, cut it with a plain, rectangle die and matted it with dark green CS.  The green ribbon was a leftover piece found in my stash and the white bow is one of those I make by the dozens and toss in the stash for later use.  On that one, I cut dovetails instead of just a diagonal slant. I may start doing that on all of them since I like it better.  :-D

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Classic Design Team Open
Crafts and Me
Crafty Awesomeness
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper
Lunagirl Moonbeam
Petal Lu
SLS Lines
Sparkles Forum
Stempelsonnen

     You still have a few days left to play in our July/August challenge.  The new one begins on August 21.  Check the MHK Designs blog for more information on it.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie



Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

24 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Such pretty papers you found to pair with this card. Beautiful, Connie!

Donna said...

Stunning design, great color scheme and like your matting!

*Vicki* said...

Connie, you've done such a gorgeous job showcasing this wonderful Vintage bottle set!! I love the elegance of the dies you've used with it!! HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, love them bottles.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Hanley said...

These are some really nice bottles and you turned them into an amazing card. Love the green backing them up. Have a good evening.

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful card. Lovely design and this is an awesome release.

Karen Lunagirl said...

So pretty ~ I love the bottles. Thank you for sharing in my August challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow I think you did a crazy beautiful fabulous job with this card, it looks amazing. Nice work. Love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh, I love it all...all the details and frills. Reminds me how CAS my cards are and might be time to add a little something for more eye candy. I've always been intrigued by vintage bottles.

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely monochromatic design, Connie, with such realistic coloring in those amazing vintage bottles. Beautiful card! Hugs, de

Teresa Arsenault said...

Those bottles are beautiful and you colored them beautifully. hugs, Teresa

The Craft Princess said...

I don't think you went crazy with the design at all!!! It's beautiful and perfect :) Hugs...Janie

Dawn said...

Gorgeous cards since my last visit NanaC! Just flying by to say hi before we head off in to town to take in some more of the Edinurgh Festival & Fringe! The weather has been kind to us so far this week!
Hope all is well with you!
Hugs
Dawn xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Great colour palette and layout sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful, Connie. The green colors are perfect for a vintage bottle. I love the fab dies you used.

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - have so loved seeing what everyone is doing with this set - on my wish list for sure.

Katy said...

This card is gorgeous! Love those bottles! :)

genie said...

I totally in awe of this card and the way you created depth perspective. It is wonderful. So creative. genie

Mynn xx said...

This green is absolutely glorious, NC! I adore the frilly and feminine dies you used, too! This is gorgeous! Thank you for all you do at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Carrie said...

Don't you just love it when you can use up some scraps to make something beautiful?! This card is just stunning! So many pretty elements here! And that rich green for a background is gorgeous!

Helen said...

Great card - so elegant.

Thanks for joining us at the Classic Design Team Open Challenge.

Helen x
(DT)

Cards by Beckie said...

A beautiful card.Thank you for sharing at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

Paddington fan said...

What a fabulous card, love your design and the fab bottles. Thank you for joining our 'Lots of Layers' challenge at Sparkles Monthly and I hope you'll visit us again soon, Love Jacky x

Cazro said...

A super card, loving the bottles designs. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT