Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Seaside Silhouette

     Our new challenge theme at Scrapy Land is that all time favorite, "Anything Goes."  Here's my GDT card for the next two weeks, after which our next challenge starts and we'll have a different theme.  I have to tell you I'm having so much fun in this GDT position and I get as much inspiration from all of you who enter the challenges as anyone could possibly get from my projects.  :-D


     This silhouette is from Crackerbox Palace and the only thing I did was color the sky with my ProMarkers and add some white gel ink to the clouds and waves.  I die cut black CS and purple CS with dies from my Spellbinders set, "Decorative Labels Eight" and layered them behind the image.  The purple die cut is also embossed with my "Linen" folder.  The image itself was punched to round the corners.  I do believe this card contains most, if not all, of my favorite things for cardmaking: ProMarkers, die cuts, layers, dry embossing, silhouettes, color purple, and bows.

     I tied a bow using textured, satin ribbon and then left the card alone.  I wanted those gorgeous die cuts to frame the image and not get lost under other embellishments.

     Challenges:
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Boots
Crafty Sentiments
Digi Choosday
Everybody Art
Incy Wincy
Lemon Shortbread
Melonheadz Friends
Passion for ProMarkers
Through the Craft Room Door
Tuesday Throwdown (center row)

     That's it for me today.  I hope you're going to come and play in the challenge.  Remember, you can make anything you want but you do need to use at least one die from a brand carried by Scrapy Land.  Check out the store site for a list of all the different manufacturers -- there are more than 40!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

25 comments:

Samra said...

Beautifully elegant make!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my gosh! I love that silhouette! Simply gorgeous! Such a serene feel to your wonderful card!

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the silhouette. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Anne Temple said...

Such a gorgeous card. Love that silhouette and the accented waves look amazing. The frame around the image is a perfect embellishment.

jimlynn said...

Connie, this is stunning! Love the purple and black together and of course that framework is beautiful.
Lynn

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Monica.Dt

Donna Hanley said...

Sweet card, Connie. Love that die piece and it really backs up your lovely silhouette very nicely. Have a good day.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous silhouette Connie, love the die frame and beautiful colour which really pops against the black.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! I absolutely love the silhouette image!! You've showcased it perfectly!! The layers are fabulous!! What a stunning card!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card, I love the decorative frames. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

Nancy Hill said...

Beautiful card and especially the image. Love the decorative frame. Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

The stamp is wonderful, Connie, and a beautiful use of the dies! Lovely drama with those colors! Hugs, de

Teresa Arsenault said...

This card is gorgeous and I swear that silhouette is Anne of Green Gables! :) hugs, Teresa from Anne's Land. :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful silhouette and love how you have framed it. The gentle colouring of the sky so enhances it. Fab card!
hugs
Glenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great silhouette card, great sky and very pretty design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Andrea W said...

Very dramatic and beautiful! I love how you used the die cuts. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

Carole J said...

Lovely silhouette card, Connie, with gorgeous die frames.x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful card, love the subtle colouring.

Hope your HOT weather is easing a little. Our Rain hasn't LOL.
Faith
x

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is absolutely amazing Connie!! I love the silhouette image with your gorgeous elegant frame die!! so pretty!!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card.The bright pink is a lovely contrast against the elegantly framed silhouette.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I love the layers, and the silhouette is awesome. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Theresa said...

sweet card. lovely image. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Stunning card ! Love this silhouette and the contrast of Colors !
Hugs
Maryvonne

Patricia Chalas said...

Very cute card!!!

Victoria Rowson said...

Gorgeous!! I love all the beautiful die cuts, the layering, the colours and the main image is beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous project with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge. Hugs Victoria (DT) x