Friday, August 19, 2016

Home Tweet Home

    I don't do shaped cards very often because I only have a few dies which lend themselves to card shapes but for today's card, I cut the card by hand to loosely fit the shape of the birdhouse image.  It comes from QKR Stampede (Digi 23601 "Birdhouse") and today starts our latest weekly challenge with a theme of "Shaped Cards."


     I colored the image with my brand new, never-before-had, Lyra Rembrandt Polychromos colored pencils.  OK, so I have quite a bit to learn about blending polychromos pencils and maybe even about color selections but I remember back when I was first learning about alcohol markers, and I think I'll get it with more practice.  :-D  Pencil coloring gives a much softer, more pastel look to the finished product and sometimes, for what I want to do, that's perfect.

     Everything is hand cut this time and the only embellishment is the one mulberry paper flower.  Very CAS design.  It fits into a standard square envelope and since I had some black envelopes on hand, I used one of those.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Addicted to Stamps and More
Colour Your World
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with an Attitude
Craft Your Passion
Glitter n Sparkle
Lemon Shortbread
Pencil Case

     Come play with us this week!

     I'll have another post in about an hour so be sure to check back.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

12 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Darling card, Connie, and beautifully colored! hugs, de

*Vicki* said...

What a super cute design here NC!! I love your coloring and what a fun idea to create a shaped card with it!! :) HUGS

Jane said...

Your colouring looks fine to me, great card for our blending theme. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Donna Hanley said...

I think the shape of this card came out great and your coloring is terrific. I don't see where you need more practicing with blending at all. Super nice card.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A beautiful image and colouring here. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards this week. Sarah

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super shaped card, love the shape and how you have added the image.
Faith
x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I missed this sweet birdhouse. I feel in love with the little stove pipe on top!

Bobby said...

I'm amazed that this is your first try with colored pencils, Connie. It's a beautiful card and I'm glad you shared it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Jane Savage said...

Fantastic image and I love how you have created your own unique card shape! Wish my first attempt at pencil colouring had been this successful!!!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Coralynn Murray said...

You've done a lovely job at blending your colours. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty. I love how you colored it! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Polkadoodles said...

Lovely make, unusual shape : ) Thanks for joining us at http://thepencilcases.blogspot.co.uk/