Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Last Days of Summer

     When I first got this image from Sheepski Designs, I just knew it would make a perfect tribute to the last days of summer.  She reminds me so much of myself when I was a mid-teen, hating that summer was almost over; I would have to put away the comfy jeans with holes in the knees and put on new, not-yet-washed-the-first-time, back-to-school clothes.  Yes, back when I was a teen, there was a dress code and all girls wore dresses, even in public schools.     :-D


I based this on the sketch at Outlawz,
adjusted for the shape of my image,
and colors came from the challenge at DRS Designs.

  

         
     I colored with my ProMarkers again since I'm more comfortable shading and adding highlights with them than with my new pencils.   I die cut it with one of my very first dies, from a Spellbinders set, I think, but since the packaging was tossed out long ago, I can't be sure.   I trimmed one corner just for a different effect.

     I matted it with sparkle CS in both light blue and darker blue, rounding the corners of the darker blue with a hand punch before mounting that onto kraft CS which was also cut with another die from that same set.  I put everything onto a dark brown card blank.

     The striped ribbon was a scrap in my stash and I added fabric and mulberry paper flowers to the bow.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Calendar
Sasayaki Glitter
Sheepski Designs
Tuesday Throwdown
Word Art Weds.

     That's all I have for today and I hope you enjoy it and maybe even find a bit of inspiration.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

14 comments:

Carole J said...

Very beautiful image and wonderful colouring, Connie. You've followed the colour and sketch recipes perfectly. xx

Donna Hanley said...

I love this one especially the trimmed corner. It does really draw the eyes in. Fantastic coloring job. We, too, had a dress code and I wish that were still the case today. Enjoy your day.

Linda Simpson said...

I so love this card Connie, the image is gorgeous and loving the bow and flowers. I too an not looking forward to summer being over.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

A beautiful image indeed and a lovely tribute to the end of Summer as well! :) Love your wonderful coloring and that ribbon treatment looks so pretty with this design NC!! HUGS

Donna Ellis said...

She is so pretty, Connie! I can see why you wanted to color her! The denim colors are perfect! Your take on both the color challenge and sketch are wonderful! Hugs, de

Unknown said...

your colouring is simply perfect! great job!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

OMG love this image. Your coloring is fabulous, so perfect for the sketch challenge . Nicely done
Hugs

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

What a sweet story to go with your sweet card and that beautiful swirly ribbon. Yup, I had to wear a dress too to school

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow. Super gorgeous card. I love that ribbon and your beautiful coloring job. hugs, Teresa

nwilliams6 said...

Connie, what a super image and some great coloring! So glad you could play with us in the DRS Designs Challenge! Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so cute! Love your girl w/ the bell bottom jeans & the ribbon treatment is so cool. Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs.

Gale said...

Beautiful card Connie. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful image, great colouring and fab design. Nicely done!!
hugs
|Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great image and I love how you have used the colours in this card, it's lovely.
Faith
x