Saturday, August 20, 2016

Fifth and Final Release Set for August - MHK Designs

     Here's the fifth and last set in this August release from MHK Designs and I can't tell you how much I love the gorgeous pansies in "Pansy Corner."  You can see a photo of the complete set at the bottom of this post.  For now, here's a card showcasing the image and one of the sentiments.


     This time I used my new Lyra pencils to color the image because I wanted a very soft-looking pallette.  The image is printed right onto the card front and that means another really CAS design.

     I decided to use the sentiment as the only 'embellishment' so I cut it with a scalloped, stitched die (Memory Box), and then cut two more of those shapes with the same die, this time cutting from scraps of lavender and red violet CS.  I layered those together in an interesting pattern and adhered them to the card front.  Voila!, the sentiment looks like an embellishment.  :-D

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Classic Design Team Open
Crafts and Me
Crafty Awesomeness
Lunagirl Moonbeam
Not Just Cards
Paper Creator's Crafts
Petal Lu
Stempelsonnen
Sunsational Stamps

    Tomorrow our latest challenge begins and I hope you're going to come over to the MHK Designs blog to see what our inspiration is for this next challenge month.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

 Pansy Corner

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

The flowers look so gorgeous and amazing on your CAS design my friend! HUGS

Mynn xx said...

NC, this is beautiful! I LOVE the soft way you colored these flowers--and the layered dies for the sentiment was a fabulous idea! Gorgeous, friend! Thank you for all you do at MHKDesigns! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Connie, love the beautiful flowers and love the colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It's gorgeous and you showcased it perfectly by printing directly on the front base. I haven't heard of those pencils, but they certainly worked well.

The Craft Princess said...

CAS...yet nothing simple about that beautiful image...very nicely done :) Hugs...Janie

Glittered Paws said...

Love the CAS - but it looks so elegant and the coloring is fantastic. Love the pencils.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Love that you layered the colorful image on an all white background! It's beautiful! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! how VERY beautiful, love everything about this card.
Faith
x

wannabcre8tive said...

So very beautiful, Connie. I love how your colored the pansies. An awesome card.

Becca Yahrling said...

Super pretty and I love your darling design.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous!

Carrie said...

Beautiful card, NanaConnie! I love that little stitched scalloped Memory Box die! I may have to add that one to my ever-growing die collection!

Karen Lunagirl said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining my August challenge at Lunagirl! ~ Karen

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge…
[Diane-Louise DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Pamela said...

Beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.

Pam x