Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A Robin's Christmas

     I have two posts today and the next one will be live in about an hour so be sure to check back, won't you?  I don't want you to miss either one of these.  :-D

     This card was made for my GDT post for the new challenge starting this morning at Scrapy Land where the theme is to "Use an Image" (digi or rubber.)   My image is from Delicious Doodles and is called "A Robin's Christmas."  Remember, in order to play along, you can use any image by any company but you do have to use at least one die from the more than 40 brands carried in the Scrapy Land store.

     I had so much fun playing with the die cuts and it must have taken me an hour just to decide which ones I was going to use.  I actually cut with several different dies, then laid them out with the image to see how they looked.  I decided on two wonderful Spellbinder's dies, Romantic Rose (white CS) and Medallion Five (blue CS.)


     I colored the image with my ProMarkers, then rounded the corners with a hand punch.  I layered on all the die cuts, added the satin ribbon (which has snowflakes in it) and bow, and used glittered snowflakes with gems for embellishment.

     I printed the sentiment with red ink, picking up the tiny spot of red on the robin's chest.  I like this so much, I'm going to do several more like it and donate them to the senior center near me.  I do that each year and the cards are so appreciated by the seniors since they can use them for family and friends at Christmas.  It's so very difficult for them to get out and buy cards and, after seeing me bring cards around the last three years, a few of the ladies now give me ideas for cards they'd like to see.  What fun!

     Challenges:
12 Months of Christmas
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra
Delicious Doodles
Digi Choosday
Lemon Shortbread
Noor! Designs
Not Just Cards
Oddball Art
Sisterhood of Crafters
Through the Craft Room Door
Tinker-Dream
Tuesday Throwdown
Word Art Weds.

     Come back a bit later to see the latest in the August releases from MHK Designs.  You're going to love it!  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

21 comments:

Samra said...

Absolutely gorgeous make!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Darlene said...

What a beautiful scene Connie! Love how the robin really stands out against the snowy background. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CLOSE TO NATURE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and the red from the sentiment goes perfectly with the robin's breast. What a great idea to share your cards with a senior center. I want to look into doing that here too.

*Vicki* said...

WOW Connie, that image is quite amazing!! Such a gorgeous creation! HUGS

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful scene!! The background dies look amazing!! What a stunning card this is!! Love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

ooooh! I am in love with your image, Connie, and immediately visited Delicious Doodles! GORGEOUS. With all the filagree around your image, your card feels very vintage and snowy - lovely creation, my sweet friend! hugs, de

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful winter scene! I absolutely love it! You colored it perfectly and the dies you used go with it as if they were designed for your card! What a wonderful thing you do by bringing your cards to a Nursing Home! That is wonderful and I love that some of the ladies give you ideas for cards!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Gorgeous card Love It !!!
Hugs
Maryvonne

Carole J said...

I love this image, Connie, and the way you've coloured it. The dies are beautiful and simply perfect for the image. Such a kind gesture to donate to the senior centre. xx

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful! I love those fabulous die-cuts and that image is stunning!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane (DT) xxx

Unknown said...

This is beautiful I love all the die cuts and the image is devine. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts Helen DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Grrrr! My comments are posting well today. Your card is absolutley gorgeous. I'm so grateful to have you share your talents with us and hope that you will join us again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Patricia Chalas said...

adorable!!!

AndreaNorris said...

Beautiful images and dies Nana Connie, Thanks for joining us at Oddball Art and good luck
Andrea x

Annemi said...

Wonderful card. Love your colouring. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

GalFridayStamping said...

Beautiful card. Lovely coloring. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday. Jane P. DT

Terri's Cards N More said...

Beautiful creation. Love the image and the die cut borders. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Close to Nature" challenge.

Pat said...

Lovely card, Connie! I really like the way you used two die-cuts to frame your image. Thank you for joining us at 12 Months of Christmas blog.

Bettina L. said...

Wow I love this winter scenery and the details with the diecuts and colours. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck. Hope to see you back for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

Helen said...

Great card - a beautiful, traditional scene.

Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.

Helen x

*Ang* said...

Gorgeous card NanaConnie!
I love your colouring of the scene, so perfect! Such a fabulous Chrismas card, reminds me to get started on mine.

Thanks for sharing at Oddball Art Challenges. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs, Ang x