Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Staying Up for Santa - or Not


     This darling image isn't necessarily for Christmas but it just struck me as being a perfect representation of every 8-year-old girl (and her cat) who is determined to "stay awake for Santa" so I made this to add one more Christmas card to my stash.   I managed to get several done in response to all the "Christmas in July" inspirations but the reality is that I'm going to have to make one or two each week between now and December to have enough cards to cover all my needs this year.


     The image is by Sarah Kay and I colored it with my ProMarkers, then die cut it with a die from Cheery Lynn.  That cut is actually the center piece from one of their lovely, square, 'doily' die sets but I saved the frame piece for another project.

     The snowflake swirl is cut through the card front and green dp with a Memory Box die.  I added the printed sentiment and the burlap bow and left it without other embellishment.  A great majority of my Christmas cards have CAS designs because so many of them have to be mailed.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
A Gem of a Challenge
Christmas Cards
Colour Your World
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Just Us Girls
Kraftin' Kimmie
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
SUYP Cats Only
Sweet Stampin'

     The weather seems to be cooling down a bit - by about 5 degrees F from Sunday, but when it's still 103, that just doesn't seem very cool to me.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie  

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

19 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

What a darling image. I, too, think it makes the perfect Christmas card. Your coloring is very nice. The chair looks almost 3-D with your perfect shading and coloring. I really like CAS Christmas cards so this one is a hit with me for sure. Enjoy the day.

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a gorgeous Christmas card this image is adorable. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Connie, I love the image and beautiful background. I hope it is cooler for you today.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Such a lovely Christmas design. Love the vintage feel to the image.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Nancy said...

I spent many of nights as a little girl trying to stay up for Santa in a chair just like that! Well done Connie! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls for Wild Card Week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY lovely and sentimental too, LOVE it.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

CAS and so pretty! Beautiful coloring. I don't ever remember trying to stay up for Santa - but maybe that's because I always snooped around and found all my presents before Christmas! Bad me, I know.
Lynn

Susan Powell said...

That image is ADORABLE!!! Love your coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh that image is so cute. Love your coloring. This seems so nostalgic. I just love it!!Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin, good luck!!! Amy DT

ike said...

That is really gorgeous and such awesome colouring on the image :-)
Good idea about making the Chrimbo cards early - I tell myself I will do that every year and then I don't get around to it LoL
Thank you very much for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Your coloring skills are incredible! Gorgeously done, Connie, and a delightful card! Hugs, de

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous,love the image and your colouring! wow!
hugs
Glenda

*Vicki* said...

Oh my this is so gorgeous!! Such a sweet image and I love the traditional colors!! Really need to get my rear in gear to make some Christmas!! :)

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a pretty Christmas card, and I love how you've coloured it. It's such a gorgeous stamp, it made me smile.

Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 292 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Adorable card. With bright vibrant colours
Thanks for playing at AGOAC
Crafty Hugs
Kelly

Sammy said...

That image is perfect for Christmas! Very clever of you to make the connection, and such a lovely card too. Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenge this week!
Monica - CCC DT