Monday, August 1, 2016

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge

     I've been sitting on a secret for a while now but today I get to share.  I've been asked to join the wonderful Design Team of Crafts Galore Encore!   I'm delighted to be working with them.  The challenges are monthly beginning on the first of each month and ending on the last day.  We have a new theme for each challenge and for this month the theme is "Use a digi or rubber stamp."

     Here's my first card as a DT member of CGE.  Throughout July, I was so focused on getting my Christmas cards started that I neglected nearly everything else I needed in my stash.  So, this time I did a birthday card since I am getting low on those and have several birthdays for family and friends coming up in the next couple of months.


     I started with the image printed right onto the card front along with the sentiment.  The meant I could do a very CAS design.  I used my colored pencils with Gamsol and coloring her took the most time in putting this card together.

     I chose a piece of lace from my stash, 'dyed' it the particular shade of salmon pink I wanted by using my ProMarkers to color it, then let it dry for several minutes.  I wrapped it around the card front and then added the string of pearls to one edge.  That's all - a fast, ten-minute card once the coloring was done.  :-D

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
Brown Sugar
Colour Crazy Craft
Crafting with Friends
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM
Pencil Case
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Tuesday Throwdown

     I hope we're going to see you joining in our challenge this month.  It's a pretty simple one since all you have to do it use an image on your project, digi or rubber.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

17 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Woohoo congratulation my dear friend! A gorgeous card and such a sweet image too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Andree said...

Congratulations and welcome to the team Connie! This is a lovely card. The image is so sweet xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie you have made a stunning card with this beautiful image. Congratulations on joining the Design Team. I have just become a follower. Take care. Hugs Jackie

DeBe said...

I really love this card, you have coloured her beautifully and the CAS approach is perfect :) Love, Denyse x

jimlynn said...

Big congrats on the new DT! They're getting one of the best.
Love your sweet card. A CAS beauty with a beautiful image.
Lynn

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Your darling, little brown-eyed Dreamer is the cutest ever! I love the colors you have chosen, and that beautiful lace! The sentiment is very sweet, Connie! Thanks for being a fun teamie on the CGE Challenge Blog! hugs,
de

Carole J said...

Connie, this is a lovely CAS card, so beautifully coloured. The lace and pearls add a perfect touch. x

Emma said...

Lovely card Connie & Welcome to the CGDT Team xx

Planetsusie said...

This is so cute NC :o) - I chose this image as my first one too - she's really sweet! Love the lace you've used - it goes so well with your pretty image. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How brave of you to print onto a card and THEN colour, I love what you have done and the pretty lace, making it a real girly card.
Congratulations on the DT so well deserved.
Faith
x

Glenda Atkins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenda Atkins said...

Congratulation Connie, will be looking forward to seeing your makes! Wonderful card, and colouring!
hugs
Glenda

Nicola Gold said...

Hi Nana, I'm so happy to be joining the CGE DT with you. I love your CAS card, especially the fact you printed the image straight onto the card. I really want to give that a go. Your lace is lovely, I wouldn't have thought you coloured it yourself; it's a great idea to get it to match perfectly.
{hugs} Nicola

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! She's just as precious as can be Connie!! Your coloring is fabulous and I love the touch of lace!! :) HUGS

Helen Gullett said...

This is so cute! great coloring.
Thank You for playing with Addicted To Stamp and More - CAS Challenge!

Michelle said...

What a great card!!


Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge this week! Hope to see you back again soon :)