Saturday, August 5, 2023

The Calico Cat

      This card was inspired by a wonderful and serendipitous brunch I had yesterday.  I was invited to join my daughter and her next door neighbor, Margaret, for a brunch.  Margaret and I happen to have brother and sister cats (same litter) who are now 12 years old.  Her sweet Gracie is a calico.  We spent nearly 2 hours regaling each other with cat stories about the two of them and it was amazing how much alike they are even though they've not seen each other since they were separated at about 5 weeks old after being abandoned by their feral mother.  Margaret and I were just two kindred hearts (translate:  crazy cat ladies!)

     Anyway, Margaret insisted on picking up the check for our meals and I wanted to send her a Thank You so I made this card, using a new die I got from Poppy Stamps.  I cut the cat from heavy white CS, then colored it with my Sanjoki markers.  The sentiment was printed and fussy cut with scissors.

     The background papers are from an old (old, old, OLD!) DCWV stack and the orange square was embossed with a polka dot EF.  The die cut cat had it's own embossing to enhance the 'fur' lines.  When I layered everything together, I used Pop Dots under the head of the cat so that it's raised up for a bit of dimension.


     Challenges:

     Have yourself a wonderful weekend and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Connie, that's gorgeous! Jo x

Lia said...

What a great card. I had to look twice before I saw the cat: that image is so very special!
Lia DT CYHTP

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

Nunzia Carusio said...

I'm a cat lover too and this story is moving. Thanks for joining us with your cute card at Polkadoodles challenge!
Hope to see you again soon.
Nunzia DT

Lorie Hill said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining the FF challenge

Jeanne J. said...

I love that you memorialized Gracie on this cute card. I can totally relate to the hair although mine is from the dog :P Hugs to you!

Rachel Duong said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love the way you colored the cat. It is so realistic and I can hear it purring as it sleeps so soundly!