Friday, August 18, 2023

Butterfly Kisses

      Today I want to share one of Conie Fong's most gorgeous image, called "Butterfly Kisses."  I've used it before and each time I color it, I see something new in it.  This time I chose to do a mostly pink pallet with touches of aqua and purple (pink and purple being my favorite 2-color combo.)  I've also done her (previously) in purple and yellow, and in teal with spring green.  They were all delightful but this one pleases me the most.

     I used Sanjoki markers to color the image, then cut it with a CUTplorations, stitched die.  That die set has been left on my desk the last couple of weeks and I seem to grab it whenever I need a rectangle.  :-D  I also cut the sentiment with a die from that same set but because the set didn't have a die small enough, I cut it twice, adjusting the die in between cuts.  The sentiment is also from Conie Fong but please don't ask me which set because I don't have my Conie Fong files saved in 'sets;' I just keep a separate folder for sentiments.

     The background for this card is double embossed, meaning that I first embossed the entire front with my "Linen" EF, then went back and used a Roses EF from Cuttlebug to emboss all but the bottom portion where the ribbon and sentiment would go.  The sentiment was framed with a scrap of the background CS.  The ribbon is satin-edged, sheer ribbon and I think it's probably my favorite kind of ribbon.  At least, it's the one I hoard the most.  lol  I used my bow maker to tied the double-loop bow.


     Challenges:

     Don't forget that we have an Anything Goes challenge over on the Facebook site. All  you have to do is use a Conie Fong image (there are freebies available on the site so not having a CF image is not a valid excuse!)  If you haven't yet joined the Conie Fong FB site, it's free, quick, and easy to do that.  Come play in our challenge.  We  love seeing what people create.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, she is stunning for sure! Your coloring is gorgeous with her and the embossed background with the floral design works well with the flowers in her hair! Love this one!

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a lovely card! That embossed background is so gorgeous framing this beautiful lady! So happy you shared with us at Scribbles Designs! ~Katrina

Gail Hutchinson said...

Nana, this is a beautiful card and the embossing folder is perfect for Conie's image. Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
Gail DT

N-Eva said...

Beautiful and pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Ginny said...

Beautiful creation! So glad you're joining us in this Star Stampz Challenge. All the best!
--- DT Gina Ang ---
Star Stampz Challenge #49 - Use Your Favourite Colour Combination

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful. Thanks for linking this up at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! xxo, Aimeslee DT

cass said...

Beautiful image and card. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month for our Colours of the Garden challenge.