Thursday, August 17, 2023

25th Wedding Anniversary

      I've made many, many anniversary cards over the years but this one really brought me up short and made me think.  This is a card my daughter is going to give to her husband for their 25th wedding anniversary!  25th?  She's my youngest, my baby.  How could she possibly have been married for 25 years?  Worse yet, how could I possibly be old enough to have a baby who's celebrating 25 years of marriage?  Yikes!

     I went through tons of stamps and digital images looking for something perfect for the card but nothing seemed to fit either her or her hubby.  Too traditional, too fussy, too sentimental, too ... something.  Then, during the search of my images from QKR Stampede, I found this one and the sentiment immediately popped into my head.  Humor!  Perfect for both of them.  lol

     I used my Sanjoki markers to color the image, then cut it with a square die from QuicKutz.  I used a Fiskars punch on the corners.  I found an old paper stack from Recollections in my stash (not 25 years old but maybe close to 10 years!) and found two complementary papers.  I cut one with a different QuicKutz die to be a frame for the image, and trimmed the polka dot paper to fit the card front exactly.  I finished the card with three enamel dots (V's Sweet Ideas) in diagonally opposite corners.

     And, yes, she loved it!  :-D


     Challenges:
As You Like It - (Blue & Gray is my fav 2-color combo for guy cards because it's so versatile and so much can be done with it, including CAS designs that look much more complex)
Carlin's Paradise - (Anniversary, Alcohol markers)
     
     Have yourself a wonderful day and do some crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

This is a fun card. I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

*Vicki* said...

Tee hee! This is just as cute as can be and I adore the humor with that sentiment you've made for your daughter!! Fabulous coloring of pizza kitty! Next year will be our 25th as well! Time does fly!

carla said...

This stamp is so funny and beautiful. Beautifully colored. The text fits perfectly. I like this humour.
Thank you for joining us in the challenge at carlin's kaartenparadijs.
Good Luck !
Carla (DT)

Gail Hutchinson said...

Nana, this is a great card. My favourites - cat stamps. Your son-in-law will love this card. Congratulations on your daughter's anniversary and I hope both will be happy for another 25 years. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Gail CT

Catie Cuddles said...

What a fun card.
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT