Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Puppy Walking

      How about a reminder that LeAnn's World 101 has a monthly Progressive Challenge over on their FB page and the freebie (if you played last month) image is Dog Walker Annie?  If you didn't play last month, you can purchase the image, make a card, enter it into the album on FB, and next month, you'll get a free image to play again.  Each month that you play, you get the image free the following month.

     I did a card with a lot more embellishment than is my normal "style" (if I even have a style!) but after mostly CAS or near CAS cards over the last couple of weeks, I just wanted to create something different.

     I colored the image with ProMarkers, and cut it with a QuicKutz die.  I inked the edges on both the image and the sentiment (cut with an Avery Elle die), using a deep purple marker.  The background papers are both from Stampin' Up and they've been in my stash for at least 5 years, probably longer.  I found scraps of them in a folder and used a Darice EF on each one, carefully matching the embossed design when I layered them together on the card front.  

     The ivy vine was cut with a Sue Wilson die.  I decided on a bow and found the lovely, sparkly, copper ribbon, then used my bow maker to tie a triple-loop bow.  I thought the copper color was a great compliment to the color of the butterflies in the image.


     Challenges:


     We'd love to see you playing along in the Progressive Challenge at LeAnne's World 101.  If you played last month, this image has already been sent to you.  If you didn't play, head over to the store (see link to the image up above) and grab it.  Then play with us and get the image for next month free!  
  
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

No comments: