Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Thankful Scarecrow

      It's been a couple of days since I posted anything but mother nature kind of controlled our weekend what with tropical storms and earthquakes swirling around us.  Nevertheless, I got to spend time hiding in my craft room so I worked ahead on a few DT projects and then created this card, using a Mariola Budek image.  If you follow my blog (or even visit fairly often,) you know how I adore her artwork/images.

     For this one, I colored with my Sanjoki markers, then cut the image (and the frame) with QuicKutz dies.  I used my 'Linen' embossing folder on the frame CS before layering on the image piece.  I cut the printed sentiment with a die from Avery Elle, and added a frame from a scrap of the same embossed CS.

     Because I mail so many of my cards, I try to keep them flat and simple but I have been playing with different ideas for the backgrounds, also wanting some visual or textural interest in even the simplest of cards.  For this card, I dug into my stash and found burlap paper from DCWV.  I trimmed it to fit the card front, then added the image and the sentiment.  

I pulled colors from the Outlawz color challenge.

     Challenges:

     That's it for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

That scarecrow is so cute! Fabulous coloring on him and he looks perfect with the burlap background behind him! Hope that you're able to keep safe during the storm!

kel Acopan said...

So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

lovies, =o) kel
TOL Tuesday Color DT

carla said...

I love that scarecrow for this beautiful Autumn cards.
Great card.
Thank you for joining us at the challenge from carlin's kaartenparadijs.
Good Luck !
Carla (DT)

Gail Hutchinson said...

Nana that scarecrow is the cutest and I love your colouring. The colours you chose are perfect for the inspiration board. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
~ Gail CT

Jana Forrest said...

What a delightful image and you have colored it so perfectly. Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

Helen said...

Great card and a perfect background.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Anne Fenton said...

Wow love your card, it is so adorable. Thanks for joining the Outlawz Color challenge.