Tuesday, December 20, 2022

A Special Noel

      I have loved House Mouse stamps since I first discovered them more than a decade ago,  I know they had been around for quite a while even back then but I was slow getting to the card making game.  I especially love their Christmas images and have several which I use nearly every year.  This is one of them.

     With my recurring (and somewhat permanent) vision problems, I'm finding new ways to color images.  For this one, the stamp was a bit smaller than I needed so I stamped it, photographed it with just the uncolored stamp, then used my photo editing software to enlarge it to a size I could see easily for coloring.

     I used ProMarkers to color the image, then photographed it again in order to reduce the size to what I needed for a square card.  A time consuming, multi-step process, but it allows me to still enjoy the pleasure of coloring for my card making.

     Once the colored image was reduced, I cut it with a Gina Marie die.  I made the background for the card using dp scraps (K & Co.) and a CS scrap (DCWV) which I ran through my Linen folder.  I cut those diagonally and layered them one on the other, then added the image piece.  The metallic ribbon is wired and glittered, and I used it for both the wrap around the card front and for the hand tied bow. 


     Challenges:

     That's it for today but hopefully I'll have another post tomorrow.  If not then, perhaps on Friday.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Liz said...

Wonderful card, Connie. Your adorable image is beautifully coloured. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2023. xx

Donna W. said...

Cute card. I am glad you have been able to find a way to continue to color. You done a great job of it. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Crafty New Year. Thank you for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sue said...

So happy that you found this way to enlarge your image for coloring. What a beautiful card and colored up beautifully. Thanks for joining us and sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Happy Holidays to you and your family

Hugs
Sue

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card and I think your colouring process is so clever. I'm glad you sorted out a way to continue enjoying your crafting.
Hugs
Faith x

Quillish said...

Your card is a great example of where there is a will, there is a way! Adorable little mouse, colored to perfection. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake inspirations with the adorable card. Wishing you Happy Holidays. Hugs ~ Ishani
You could also check my You Tube channel incase you are intrested :)
https://www.youtube.com/@IshaniScards
Thank you <3

April said...

What a sweet beautiful card! Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Patti said...

How resourceful of you Connie!! I’m happy you found a way to make it work for you because it is so adorable!! I’m also very happy you joined us for Anything Goes at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Connie :-) you went to a lot of trouble to get this image to the size you needed, but the effort really paid off! this is absolutely gorgeous! :-)

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card Connie. The image is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. Loving the ribbon and die cut edges. Thank you for taking part in our Mega Christmas challenge and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Debbie said...

Wonderful card! And your coloring is awesome!
Thanks for playing along in our Annual Anything Goes challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That!

Sharon Noble said...

Thank you for joining us at I love pro makers your design is simply stunning hugs sharon DT www.Facebook.com/group/colouringfriendsunited

Sharon Noble said...

Thank you for joining us at I love pro makers your design is simply stunning hugs sharon DT www.Facebook.com/group/colouringfriendsunited