Saturday, December 17, 2022

When Thirst Calls

      I've been playing in the progressive challenge over at The Outlawz for more years than I can remember and this month the image they provided was one I just wasn't going to be able to use - a bottle of beer.  I could have colored it and made a card, but it wouldn't have been sent to anyone so what was the point?  I explained that to one of the Admin ladies because I didn't want to lose out on playing next month.  She went back to the artist and got the image revised just for my use.  Bless her!

     I colored with ProMarkers, then cut it with an oval die from QuicKutz.  I found a scrap of glitter paper (DCWV), cut a rectangle and a circle (Dare2BArtzy) from it, then cut a narrow strip of metallic paper and layered them all together onto the background.  I printed the sentiment and cut it with an Avery Elle die.  After adding the image piece, I tied a simple bow using satin ribbon.


I pulled colors from the challenge at My Favorite Things.

     Challenges:

     That's all for today but I'm going to spend a couple of days in the craft room coloring and planning ahead.  Have yourself some wonderful creative time this weekend and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Sandra said...

Love it NanaConnie!! I am glad I could make the image usable for you!!
Thanks for playing in The Outlawz Progressive challenge!

Anne Fenton said...

Love your card Nanq Connie. Thank You for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.

*Vicki* said...

That is awesome that the image was revamped in a way for your use! I'm sure they appreciate you playing along with them! Really fun card using this image as well! Now I'm thirsty! LOL!

Linda Mc Enery said...

What a wonderful thing to do for a loyal participant. It makes it all worth it, doesn't it. Love the colours you chose for this. Your design is great! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers! Good luck in the draw.
Linda

Donna Walls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Walls said...

So nice of the Artist to accomodate you. I wouldn't be able to send a Beer card to anyone either, no one I know drinks beer (: Thanks for playing along with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge.
Donna xx

Rose Andrew said...

Fabulous card with lovely design
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

valscraftings said...

Fab card! Pleased to see your feeling better and was able to join us at Festive Fridays!

Liz said...

Great card and how lovely that the image was redesigned so you could use it. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Lori m said...

Great card, awesome graphic design, hugs, Lori m

Crafty KJ said...

A great design and amazing that they made the image work for you! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Helen said...

Great card - perfect for the challenge!

Thanks for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun card and lovely colouring

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Wk 50 Digi Choosday challenge….

Wishing you a happy Christmas

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Cara said...

Super cute card and I'm glad Sandra changed the image so you could use it! Thanks so much for entering our Progressive Freebie Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges.
Cara, The Progressive Freebie Design Team
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Ella's Design said...

What a great thing for Sandra to tweak the image for you and a fab card made with it too...
Thanks for playing along with our Mega Christmas challenge over at Passion for Markers, Lisa x