Saturday, September 17, 2022

National Dance Day

      Did you know that today is National Dance Day?  I knew there was such a thing but I never remember what day of the year it is.  I do usually remember that it's some time in September.  Anyway, my card today celebrates the day with a Vienna Waltz.  :-D

    Everything on this card was done with scraps from the basket.  The image is an svg file and the image background was cut with a die from my very first Spellbinders set, basic squares.  The cutwork portion of the black card front was cut with a Memory Box die.  In keeping with my use of scraps, I used three of the bits which fell out of that cutwork to make the embellishments on the image piece.  I added tiny gemstones to those 3 bits.  The bow is one of my signature bows, sewn by hand and with a pearl added.  How's that for a perfect monochromatic, scrap card?


     Challenges:

     Happy Dance Day, whatever type of dancing you love.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Tracie said...

What a fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP challenges.

karin said...

Love your card and I love dancing. I didn’t know that there is a National Dancing Day.
Karin.

jimlynn said...

Very elegant card and love that image and of course the added pearl in your tiny bow.
Lynn

Anne Fenton said...

What a lovely card, thank you for joining the Outlawz Festive Friday challenge

Curly said...

OMG such a lovely card I love the dancing couple so romantic
Thank you so much for Joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge
Have a lovely rest of the week
crafty hugs Bridget
Crafty Catz DT

valscraftings said...

Beautiful black & white card!

Thank you for joining us at Festive Fridays Challenges!
Valerie
Festive Fridays DT Leader

SarahR said...

Hi there, oh my this is so striking! I love the black / white combo and it's brilliant that you made it from your scraps!
Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Sarah - DT