Wednesday, September 7, 2022

A Butterfly Birthday

      Here's my first September DT card for Conie Fong.  Once again, I'm using my favorite card base, a large, square card shape; my fav because it allows so much more room for design and embellishment.  It features a delightful image called "Butterfly Princess" and the sentiment is also from that same set.  I colored the image in rich, autumn, colors using water color paints, then cut the image with a Tutti Designs die.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Unbranded die.

     The image and the sentiment pieces are backed with sparkly, holographic paper from Lawn Fawn, which I trimmed to the exact size of the die cut shapes.  For the background, I chose paper from a Recollections stack.  Both the metallic, sparkle ribbon and satin ribbon for the bow are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used my bow maker to tie the double loop bow.


     Challenges:

     Remember, Conie Fong has challenges each month into which you may submit either just coloring or completed projects using Conie Fong images.  The August and September challenges have been combined into one album on the Facebook page.  Because the challenges are run on the Facebook site, you'll have to join but that's a quick and easy procedure.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a darling image NC! I love your design with the bit of sparkle and that perfect bow! Huge congrats on your new DT friend!! It looks amazing!

canterburycarddesigns said...

This card is darling! I love the sparkle, too! Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Digi Chooseday challenge!

Heike said...

so cute!!
Heike

Marie Bingaman said...

Beautiful coloring on this adorable image, NC, and what a pretty card you created with it! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday this week, and good luck! :)
~Marie B -DT

Brenda said...

What a beautiful job of watercoloring this darling image. I love the sparkle youʻve added. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Christin said...

It's very cute! Thanks for sharing at Digi Choosday! Christin

AndrejaM said...

Lepa voščilnica!
Hvala, ker sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici

Goga said...

Krasna jesenska voščilnica. Hvala za sodelovanje v Craft-alnici. Goga

MAJA said...

Čudovita! Hvala, ker s svojo voščilnico sodeluješ v CRAFT-alnici, kjer sem bila tokrat gostja.