Tuesday, September 20, 2022

When Witches Fly

      I'm a total fan of Beccy's Place images and love trying new things with them.  I've used this fun flying witch silhouette (which may now be retired since I can't find it in the store) several times but this is the first time I've fussy cut it with scissors and used it with various Halloween die cuts.

     I printed the silhouette on white CS, then cut it with small scissors, leaving a very narrow, white rim around the witch.  That helped her to stand out from the background.  The background was done with water colors.  The moon and the two largest bats on the moon were cut with a die from Die-Versions.  The smallest bat on the moon and the 2 in the sky were cut using an Impression Obsession die.  The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die.  I used a gray ProMarker to make the shadows on the moon.


     Challenges:

     Have a spooky day!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that water colored background! Cool card and perfect fussy cutting too!

Alyson Mayo said...

Great Halloween card and I love that background! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Beccy said...

I love your Halloween card NanaConnie, it's fantastic! You've done a great job fussy cutting around little witch, and I love that you've added all those bats flying around with her. The big yellow moon is awesome and contrasts perfectly with the soft colours in the background. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Cards with Caitlin said...

What a fun card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercoloring challenge

Melanie Hungerford said...

That is a fantastic Halloween card, love the background colors. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Very pretty water coloring background and love the silhouettes against it, and the white border on the witch does bring her up front dimensionally. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Cara said...

Cute Halloween card! Love the background you created for your image to stand out on! Thanks so much for entering our Monday Greeting Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
Cara, The Monday Greetings Design Team
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

My Side of Oz said...

What a clever idea leaving the tiny white border! I always ponder how to use silhouette digis and stamps! Halloween is indeed near on this spooktacular card! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge this time! Nan, DT

Ashwini Rao said...

Awesome watercolor background for the witch! The silhouette does stand out really well against it! I love your bat die cuts as well. Thank you very much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge!

Suze said...

Lovely scene NanaConnie. Thank you for entering the Cryptids or Mystical and Clean & Simple Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.