Friday, September 9, 2022

Decoration Day

      When I was a child, my mother always talked about "Decoration Day" in the same tones one used to say "Valentines" or "Fourth of July."  I actually thought there was a national holiday called "Decoration Day."  Once I attained adulthood and she was no longer responsible for birthday celebrations for her children, I learned that "Decoration Day" meant the day she set aside to bake and decorate the birthday cakes for the celebrations.  lol

     This image from House Mouse brings back those childhood memories.  I used ProMarkers on the image, then cut it with a Tonic Studios die.  The two layers of dp scraps were also cut with dies from Tonic Studios.  The dark, sparkly background was done using DCWV card stock on the front before adding the 3 layers in the image piece and the additional 2 layers in the sentiment piece.  I added a hand-tied, gingham bow as the final touch.

     One more card for the birthday card stash which will get used for a grandchild this fall.


     Challenges:
Word Art Weds

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the House Mouse images and this one’s great. Perfect for a birthday. Love your card and know whoever gets it will love it too. Great addition of the bow.

Elizabeth Hart said...

I always love a House Mouse - super cute card!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the colour Crazy Craft Challenge

April said...

This is so cute and beautifully colored! I love the frame dies too. Thanks for sharing the Decoration Day story and thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Kelsey Thomas said...

This is adorable! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge.

Tracie said...

Beautiful card and what a wonderful story about your mom. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges.

Christine said...

Gorgeous cute mousey Birthday card sweet mousey image thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC
Mousey hugs Christine xx

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! These guys are super CUTE!! Really love the image with your mini scalloped edges and bow!

Bunny said...

This could be me and one of my brothers. I was totally into the frosting. Forget the cookie or a cake, just give me the frosting. A cute card. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

SarahR said...

Hi there, that is a super cute image and a lovely card. Great story as well, mums', eh - they do some weird and wonderful things and leave us with complexes ;-)

Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenges, Sarah - DT.