Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Why They Call it Fall !

     I know we're only a third of the way through August but I get tired of the miserably hot weather some time in early July each summer and I begin pining for fall leaves and changing colors that come with the cooler evenings of autumn.  Here's my salute to the end of summer this year!  :-D

     I have this adorable kitten from Mo's Digital Pencil which I don't think I've used before (shame on me!) and it seemed a perfect time to dig it out and color it.  Since we're talking fall colors, I made the kitten a calico, patterned after my own sweet Queenie (see the right-hand sidebar.)


Inspired by the sketch at Sketch Saturday,
turned 1/4 turn.


Colored w ProMarkers
Image and both frames cut w/ Tonic Studios dies
Sentiment printed & cut w/ Tutti Designs die
Mesh ribbon was a scrap on the table
Jute cord used for the triple loop bow

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug
Crafty Friends
Crafty Sentiments
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz PAM
Penny's Paper-Crafty
SUYP Cats

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Darling card Connie. Love your ginger cat (both) LOL.
Faith x

Bunny said...

What a cute card and I love the way you colored it after your cat. [Bunny]

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie. Not only is your kitty sweeter than sweet, but your card is just beautiful! Loving the orange and gray in your kitty, and that wistful, ponderous expression on her dear face. Beautifully autumn (wonder when that might happen here? Maybe November or December for a couple weeks?) LOL Wishing you the best of health, and lots more fun crafting, my friend. hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness how cute is this card! I adore the sweet kitty. I love fall/autumn too with the wonderful colours that natures creates.
Hugs
Linda xxx

CraftinGranny said...

Colors are definitely fall flavored. The kitty is adorable and also colored perfectly to coincide with the fall theme. We've had some cool evenings here these past two weeks but it's back to hot and humid. Also looking forward to fall.
Hugs, Carol

meg said...

Beautiful image colouring and layout,the kitty is a darling

meg said...

Beautiful card and image the kitten is a darling

Monica C. said...

So cute. You have colored the kitty so beautifully and I love the texture you added to the left hand side.
Hugs Monica

Saphron said...

I agree about the weather! This is a great example of fall colours. Such a cute image, coloured beautifully.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a fabulous card Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hug Ginny
SUYP Cats Challenges.
My Blog As I do Rodos

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Lisa Bird said...

Wonderful card and fab sentiment (made me smile), thank you for joining us at I Love Promarkers Blog Challenge
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

Margreet said...

Beautiful card with that cute kitten and the great sentiment.
Thanks for joining the End of Summer challenge at Catch the Bug.
xxx Margreet DT

Maria Valente said...

This is beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such a cute calico kitty with a fun sentiment too. I'm delighted to see you joining in the fun with us with a further entry to Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge. Best of luck! Lesley