Monday, April 27, 2020

Spring in Silhouette

     I just finished up another card using techniques and tools which are not my "go to" items but which I love to use.  First thing, I used water color paper instead of CS for the image piece.  I used water colors to create the rainbow effect on the image background.  I let it dry and then ironed the paper using a high heat setting on the iron.

     At that point, I cut the paper to 8.5 x 11 inches (to fit the printer's paper tray), added the silhouette image (Bugaboo Stamps), and printed it onto the background.  Love the way that turned out!


My colors came from the Catch the Bug challenge
and I used the sketch from Stella Says Sketch.

 

Watercolors for the image background
Image cut with Sizzix die
Image & papers - edges inked with ProMarkers
Papers from DCWV
CUTplorations die for sentiment
Card front embossed w/ "Linen" EF
Signature bow w/ pearl

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Allsorts
Dragonfly Dreams
Lil Patch of Crafty ...
Simon Says Stamp
Stamping Sensations
Word Art Weds.

     Have a great Monday and a wonderful week.  Things are getting better.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful, love the background and beautiful silhouette image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

pinky said...

Lovely spring card.

Gail Hutchinson said...

Gorgeous Nana, loving what you have done with our silhouette image and that technique with the watercolour paper looks beautiful. Might have to have a go at that lol. Thank you for joining us at Catch the Bug and good luck. Gail DT xx

meg said...

Fabulous background and silhouette image

brenda said...

It's a very pretty floral card, many thanks for joining in with our 'Bows' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Chris said...

Beautiful card, the lovely silhouette looks wonderful on your water coloured background. Thanks for joining at Catch the Bug this week.
Chris
x

Donna Ellis said...

So pretty, Connie! I love the techniques you used! Hope you are feeling much better these days. hugs, de

Monica C. said...

That is so pretty! Great idea to print on your painted paper.I don't think my printer would cooperate with this though.
Hugs Monica

Linby said...

A really lovely striking design. Thanks so much for joining in with my add a bow challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I just added my card and saw your card using same silhouette stamp. Funny we both used the same stamp.

Megan J said...

Hi Connie, a fabulous way to use a silhouette image. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Nice card. Thank you for play with us in Gem of a craft challenge blog. good luck with your entry.

Lisa Lynn said...

Great colors through the image on your beautiful card.Thanks for joining in the Stella Says Sketch Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.