Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Summer Buddies

     Those of you who follow my blog and visit regularly will understand why this particular post is such a perfect reflection of what I'm doing today.  lol  Yep, I'm at the beach instead of home in the heat.

     Do you remember those childhood days when you met a new buddy for the first time while you were on vacation or even just a day at the beach and suddenly you were BFFs?  Even if you never saw that buddy again, it was BFF for that day or week or whatever span of time covered the friendship.  I kinda miss those days.  :-D

     This image is from AuroraWings and I love it!  It was fun to color and makes me think of carefree childhood days.


     I used my ProMarkers to color those darling pups, then cut and embossed it with a dies from Sue Wilson.  I found scraps of beige and cocoa brown CS, cut them into strips, and made the background for my card.  Before adding the image piece, I used satin-edged, sheer ribbon (also a scrap), wrapped it around the card front and tied it with a granny knot.  I trimmed the ends into a short diagonal.

     Challenges:
Crazy Challenge
Delicious Doodles
Di's Digi Designs
DL.ART
Incy Wincy
Lemon Shortbread
Let's Craft and Create
Paper Girls
Pixie's Snippets Playground
Ribbon Girl

     That's all I have for today but I want those of you stuck in the heat wave to think of me and how marvelous the weather is along the California coast.  Aren't you jealous?  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute, the dogs looks adorable. I hope you are enjoying your break from the heat.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the image and the die, a really lovely card.
Faith
x

Di said...

Hi Connie! What a sweet card - love the little one in the middle chewing the flip flop :) Glad you're having a lovely break by the sea - and I fixed your link no problem!

Thanks for playing along.

Hugs

Di xx

DonnaMundinger said...

So adorable, Connie! Your little story did bring back carefree summer memories and I just love your coloring and layout of this adorable card. As sweet as can be! Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Nathalie said...

So funny card. I love your image! Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
Nathalie DT

Stampsnob. said...

Darling image makes for a cute card TFS Let's Craft and Create..Lis

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow what a super sweet image!! Love the coloring and pretty frame around this my friend! HUGS :)

Crafting With Jack said...

Great image, hope you are having a good holiday x

Maria Giselle B. said...

I am sure you are enjoying the beach. Love the beige-black stripes. Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Friends Forever Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle B.

Jonnece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonnece said...

Great card. I love the image, it's so cute. Thanks for joining us at 'Lets Craft and Create'. Jonnece DT

Victoria Rowson said...

Wonderful card!! That image is so adorable!! Thank you so much for choosing to share with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope that you can join us again soon!

Claire said...

Lovely card and they certainly look like best friends x

Unknown said...

This is so sweet!! I love your neutral color palette!! Very cute!!
So sorry for being late with my commenting but Thanks so much for playing along with us at Aurora Wings Challenge blog!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Cute card!!!Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *So sorry for late commenting, I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Stampsnob. said...

Adorable just adorable , TFS Let's Craft and Create......Lis