Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Winter Stream

     One more Christmas card to share, this time using a gorgeous image from Sparkle n Sprinkle.


I took my inspiration from the sketch at My Favorite Things.

Sketch Challenge 343 #mftstamps

     The image is colored with ProMarkers, with sparkle gel ink on the snow and water.  I tore the image piece along one edge for some distressed texture.  The snowflake paper is die cut (Sue Wilson die) and laid over a piece of turquoise CS which I had embossed with my "Linen" folder.  I added dots of glitter to each tiny snowflake but it's nearly impossible to see it in the photo.

     I printed the sentiment, hand cut it, and matted it with a scrap of the same CS as the background.  The silver ribbon was in my Christmas stash and I've used a lot of it this month on all my Christmas-in-July cards.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Creations
Crafty Gals Corner
Day Dreamer
House that Stamps Built
Kraftin' Kimmie
Scrapy Land
Word Art Weds.

     That's it for today.  Happy Stamping and stay cool.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great take on the sketch, a fabulous card and lovely image. Thank you for joining our first challenge at Day Dreamer Challenges good luck, hope to see you again!

Nicola ♥

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Connie! Love the frame and design.
Hugs
Linda xxxc

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous creation Connie, love the image and colors!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Patti J said...

Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built! Your card is beautiful!

Doreen said...

Love the fabulous image, this is gorgeous.xxx

Donna said...

What a beautiful card, so glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built. Donna DT

Sherrie K. said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the image and wonderful take on the sketch! The pretty snowflake ribbon is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

The Crafty Bat said...

Wow!! Stunning card, love the image you have used on this beautiful card.
Thank you for joining us over at Day Dreamer Challenges.
Kelly (DT) XX

Mel Gee said...

Gorgeous image and gorgeous card.
Thank you for entering our Challenge at Crafting by Designs https://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
Regards
Mel DT
https://melgeecrafts.com/

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE this image, I've used it myself, it has a wonderful peaceful feel to it. Love the card and it's blues.
Faith
x

Donna Ellis said...

So lovely, and I especially like your take on the sketch using the image in that manner! Wishing you a week of pure delight! hugs, de

Heather said...

This IS gorgeous! The scene is so pretty and peaceful and I love the color combo you used! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Kleri said...

Beautiful Christmas card!Thank you for playing along with us this week over at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again next week!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)

*Vicki* said...

Saw this one on SNS and I just loved it with all of the brilliant sparkle!! You've done a great job with the sketch too!! HUGS