Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Angels & Snowflakes

     Another of my Christmas cards - my stash is growing!  :-D  This time I used a sweet image from Ching-Chou Kuik, done in monochrome blues with tiny bits of silver accent.  I'll have another dozen done by the end of July, many of which are in pre-scheduled posts for you to view.  The others?  You'll just have to wait and see those after I get back from my San Diego trip in August.  :-D


      I colored with my chalk markers and used a silver gel pen to highlight the snowflake.   I used two dies from a set by Sue Wilson to cut the deep blue frame, one inside and one outside.  The image piece is actually behind the frame.  The light blue, Swiss Dot embossed, decorative corner was a left over bit from a die cut (Amy Designs.)   It worked so well on this card that I used it instead of throwing it out.

     I printed and fussy cut the sentiment, layered it on, and finally added the tiny bow (dyed that color with markers.)  The pearl on the bow and the embossing on the corner gave great texture and I left the card plain but for those two bits of embellishment.  I liked it "as is" and knew it was finished.

     Challenges:
A Snowflakes Promise
Chalk n Stock
Christmas Card
Crafty Cardmakers (top row)
Crafty Hazelnut's
Inky Chicks
Merry Monday
Outlawz Festive Friday
Scrapy Land

     You can bet your boots as you're reading this post that I'm off having the time of my life this week.  My own boots will touch ground for a day or two over the weekend and then I'm off - to the California Coast this time.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Nana Connie, I love the image and beautiful frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Such a beautifully pensive and magical image, Connie, with just the right amount of color! Love the snowflake paper to match your winter fairy. Beautiful card! Wishing you a great Wednesday! hugs, de

Unknown said...

A very pretty card

Thank you for joining us with our 'Tic, Tac, Toe' Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers

June/DT

*Vicki* said...

Oh how gorgeous and pretty this image is! I just LOVE the blue color tones with her as well!! HUGS :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card,love your design and love that image! Your colouring is wonderful.
hugs
Glenda

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous Nana Connie. I love how you used chalk to color this image. I have never been that brave. LOL! Such a gorgeous creation.

Thank you so much for taking the time to create your gorgeous entry for our Ching-Chou Kuik monthly challenge. I hope you will enter again and also check out our Ching-Chou Kuik Facebook challenges as well. Have a fabulous day! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Saw it on the Outlawz and left a comment, this is a really beautiful card Connie, love the colour combo and your great colouring.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

Just beautiful! Love the framework and that lovely image. Send some of the snowflakes over to me - please!
Have a great trip or should I say trips! Have fun whatever you do.
LYnn

crafty said...

What a lovely fairy. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 340 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Sweet card, friend. hugs Teresa

Nicola Gold said...

Nana.... can you please add a backlink to Ching-Chou Kuik Monthly Blog Challenge to be eligible for entry
Many thanks,
Nicola, CCK DT

samantha's cards said...

What a magical holiday card, thanks for sharing with us at CCC.

sarascloset said...

SWEET Christmas card with the cutest image! I love how you've colored the fairy and used your negative die cut at the corner! Thank you for sharing this in our Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land, and well done on getting so many Christmas cards made already! Wow!

Sally Dodger said...

A wonderful card. I love the blue colour scheme and such a pretty image. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful Christmas card!