Friday, July 21, 2017

Reindeer Party

     Here it is the 7th Day of the week-long, Christmas-in-July party at Catch the Bug.  I've played each day and today is Recipe Day:  Black, White, or Kraft, plus a Pop of Color and a Bit of Sparkle."  We also had to use the Friday Freebie from Bugaboo Stamps and it's such a fun and funny one.

     Take a close look at the expressions on the faces of the reindeer and the bird.  Don't they look like they had too much party last night?  I just know Santa's reindeer were partying in the barn when Santa wasn't home.  :-D


     I colored the image with ProMarkers plus sparkle gel ink on the snow and snowflakes, then die cut it with a pinpoint rectangle die from Memory Box.  I added a bit of red glitter to the reindeer's collar and I inked the edges with red ink.  The red polka dot border was cut with a die from Spellbinders and I added red Stickles for a little more sparkle.  Can you tell that I chose 'red' for my pop of color?  :-D  The white bow is one of those I make ahead of time and have waiting in my stash.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Bugaboo Crafty
CAS-ual Friday
Christmas Cards All Year Round
C.R.A.F.T.
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra
Die Cut Divas
Star Stampz

     I'm posting this as quickly as possible after finishing the card.  Right now, I need to shower, dress, and be ready to pick up my daughter when she calls.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful Connie, loving the reindeer he is fabulous. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pia S said...

Nicely done with the pop of red and neutral colors, a sweet postage friendly design. So glad to see you join our Christmas in July event over at Catch the Bug, good luck in the challenge!

Migdalia said...

This is beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

KathyA. said...

Connie, I am working on my card with this image right now. Thought the same thing about the "hungover" look on their faces. Am thinking I'll add googly eyes!
BTW- your card is adorable. Like the red sash along the side!

Michelle N. said...

Ĺove that adorable reindeer! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image and details.xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant imge and card .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Irit Shalom said...

What a fun Christmas card! Good luck with our CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love this one Connie and it is a wonderful take on the Bugaboo sketch.
hugs
Glenda

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. I love the cute Free Friday deer and your design. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments (and Bugaboo)

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Paper Play Sketches

Kath said...

A lovely card and a great image. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.
Kath x

Lisa Mensing said...

Cute! Love the color combo you used. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Super image and love the border.
Faith
x

Chrissy said...

Such a fun image and fabulous card..Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Cards All Year Round]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tasha Vovchuk said...

Adorable card! Thanks for joining our Christmas in July here at CASual Fridays!

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card, love the image and design! Thank you for joining the challenge at Star Stampz! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Star Stampz
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

Helen said...

Me again!

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Cards All Year Round and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

How fun. Love color combo with a punch of color. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Star Stampz. AJ DT SS