Friday, June 30, 2023

Wild Roses

      It's Friday morning and that means it's time for another "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafty Cats.  We always offer an OPTIONAL second theme and, this week, it is "Embossing."  Our sponsor for this challenge is SheepSki Designs and they provided images for the DT to use on their inspiration cards.  However, I happen to have a large collection of SheepSki images and I chose this one for my card:  Wild Roses.

     The roses were colored with Sanjoki alcohol markers, then hand-cut with scissors.  I chose a delightful, flowery, Cuttlebug embossing folder to do the dry embossing but first I used my very old (brand name unknown), "Linen" EF on the CS, then embossed over that with the Cuttlebug folder, which also happens to be called "Wild Roses."  :-D  

     I chose ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon and wrapped it around the card front.  I cut the sentiment with a die from Avery Elle and added it on top of the ribbon.  The bow was made from felt, folded and wrapped around the middle.


      Challenges:

     I hope you're going to come and play in our challenge this week.  I know you think we on the DT just do cards to inspire you but the truth is that we love being inspired by what you create and enter, too.  See you there and Happy Crafting.   NanaConnie

6 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a beautiful card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Chris said...

Your lovely roses are beautifully coloured and look gorgeous against the embossed background. xx

*Vicki* said...

Absolute beauty here NC! I love the floral embossed background to go with your beautifully colored floral image here! That bow really adds a wonderful finish to it!

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

StampinwithAnita said...

As always, your work is beautiful and perfect for this challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!