Thursday, June 15, 2023

Birthday Hippo

      It's time for Challenge #467 over at QKR Stampede and it will run until the last day of the month.   Our theme is always Anything Goes and you can enter up to 3 times in each challenge.  There's no requirement that you use a QKR Stampede (or Eureka Stamps) image but if you do, your entry goes into a completely separate draw for a prize and that increases your chance of winning by a huge amount!

     We've also posted the winners from the two challenges which took place before we had to take a break, waiting for the new online store to be completely stocked.  That's now complete (but for some minor tweaking here and there) so we've announced the Winners of three different challenges and they can all be found on the main Challenge post which went live this morning.  Check it out and see if you're one of the Winners or Top 5 for Challenges #464, #465, or #466.

     My card today is another for my birthday card stash and the QKR image is called "Birthday Gator."  Yes, I'm aware that's a hippo, not a gator, but the image was incorrectly titled "Gator" so if you go searching for it in the store (without using the link I made), you'll need the name of it the way it's actually listed so ...

     I used my Sanjoki markers to color the hippo, then cut the image with a die from Dare2BArtzy.  The dark blue CS was embossed with my 'Linen' EF.  I found a scrap of dp in my basket and added it, then stamped and cut the sentiment (also from QKR but this time a rubber stamp instead of a digi), which is  called "Happy Birthday."  That die was also from Dare2BArtzy.

I took some liberties by turning it on its side but my 
design is inspired by the sketch at My Favorite Things.
     
     Challenges:

     Now that our challenges are back, we really would love to see you playing along with us.  How can you go wrong with an Anything Goes theme every time?  Come play!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Your hippo fellow is super cute and you've done a wonderful job with his coloring Connie! Chocolate is my favorite for sure! LOL Such a great birthday design!

Helen said...

Oh what great fun Connie!! This one is sure to bring a huge smile! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love to Craft Challenge! Enjoy your day!! :)

cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month for our Humorous challenge.