Friday, June 23, 2023

For a Baby

      I adore today's image from Conie Fong, called "Baby Buttercup."  Conie Fong is sponsoring the challenge this week at Crafty Catz.  I decided to do the kind of card we used to do back in the days before most parents knew if it was a boy or girl halfway through the pregnancy.  I used a color combo of both pink and blue, suitable for either one.

     Believe it or not, I found the background dp (Recollections stack) and that helped me decide on the overall color combo.  I colored the image with Sanjoki alcohol markers, then cut it and the two frames with Die-namics stitched dies.  Everything is inlaid so the image and both frames actually make only a single layer but look like 3 separate layers.

     I hand-tied the white bow, then printed and cut the sentiment with another Die-namics die from that same set.  I thought turning everything on an angle gave some nice visual interest to the card.


     Challenges:

     I hope we'll see you playing in the challenge.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such an adorable image a beautiful card Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

*Vicki* said...

Awe! This little teddy bear is so sweet with the quilt laying over top! The pink and blue are great colors and go wonderful with the papers in the background too! Very sweet card NC!

Chris said...

Such a lovely design with the pink and blue stitched frames echoing the colours of the baby bear's quilt. The image is adorable and beautifully coloured. I fondly remember the days when we didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl until they were born!
xx

Jan Mahew said...

Obvious you're an animal lover, Connie! Thank you for sharing your attractive bear with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Very Cute. Good Luck!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Donna Walls said...

I still prefer not knowing the sex until birth! Great card and super sweet image. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx

Anonymous said...

Zelo lepa voščilnica. Hvala za sodelovanje v CRAFT-alnici, kjer sem gostja izziva. Marica

Rocky said...

Thank you for sharing this cute card with us at The Paper Funday.

AndrejaM said...

Zelo lepo si ustvarjala! Hvala ker s kosmatinem sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici

Andreja said...

Všeč mi je tvoj kosmatinec! Čudovita voščilnica :-))
Vesela sem, da ustvarjaš z nami v CRAFT-alnici ❤️