Sunday, June 11, 2023

Birthday Roses

      Time to restock the birthday card stash and I've found a new artist (new to me) whose art I really like.  She draws under the name Maya Silvercat but I'm still searching for a website for her.  If/when I find it, I'll edit this post to add a link for all of you.

     This basket of roses was the first of her images I saw and I colored it with my Sanjoki markers.  I cut both the image and the sentiment with dies from QuicKutz.  The golden CS behind the image (which looks brown in the photo) was embossed using my 'Linen' EF.  The lace strip along the side came from my box of scrap lace bits but it fit the card perfectly.  The tiny butterflies, one pink and one white, are the negative pieces which came out of a Spellbinders die.  I saved them after doing another project and they were waiting just to embellish this card.  :-D


     Challenges:
Butterfly  (Briar Rose & Banana + butterflies)

     That's all I have for today's post but I'll be back later this week.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A gorgeous rose image and coloured beautifully Connie.
Faith x

Mrs A. said...

A pretty image. I always keep the negatives from all my die cutting for those just in case moments like you have done here. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.