Monday, June 5, 2023

Whoo Loves Ya?

     I've been playing in the Outlaw Progressive Challenge for more than a decade now, and I think I've only missed 1 month in all that time, and that was due to being hospitalized with Covid pneumonia for nearly 3 weeks.  This month, we've been given a fantastic owl image from Sandra and I chose to color it using both my Sanjoki markers and water color paints, along with gel pen highlights.

     After coloring it, I cut both the image and the frame with Memory Box dies.   The sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die.  The frame was embossed using my Linen EF.   The dark blue background was made with water colors.   I added tiny, metallic brads to two of the corners and called it finished.  Nice, masculine, CAS design.


     Challenges:
Double Trouble (mono, blue, die cuts, brads)

     See you tomorrow.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Melanie R said...

Lovely card, Connie. Your artwork is fabulous! The touches of white are most effective and I love the mix of blues. Great sentiment, too. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #139. — Melanie R.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great job on coloring and displaying Sandra's owl artwork on your clean and simple card. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Sandra said...

wow, that looks fabulous NanaConnie!! I love to see all those colored versions of our backyard owl!!
Thanks for playing at Thee Outlawz progressive challenge!!

Donna Scholz said...

Connie, you did such a wonderful job coloring the owl! I love how you created such soft shades that if feel almost like you can touch its feathers!! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Double Trouble and playing along with our partner, too!!! -Donna

Kellianne said...

How neat you've been playing with that challenge for so long! (and I'm glad you made it out of the pneumonia ok!) That image is really cool and your card with it turned out great. I always love your cat pictures in your margin by the way! Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble :)

N-Eva said...

Fantastic card! Truly beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

NanaConnie your owl is just beautiful! I love how you colored it. Thanks for joining us this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Sandy said...

Wonderful owl card! Nicely done. My cousin has an owl house in a tree in her yard. So fun to see them perched on it. Thank you for joining us on this challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations. Hope you come and play again with us!
Sandy, DT

Helen said...

Beautifully coloured image - you've showcased it perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a beautiful card and lovely colouring …love love love owls 🦉

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)