Saturday, June 17, 2023

2 Year Old's Birthday

      I have a great granddaughter who is turning 2 at the end of this month, and although I've not yet met her (being in different states and nearly 1,000 miles apart), she knows that her NanaConnie is the one who sends hand made cards.  This is the card I'm sending this time.

     It's another card put together with all die cuts and this time, I used some negative portions of dies, things which either fall our of the die's design or what's left behind when the original die cut piece has already been used for another project.

     On this one, I stared by using my 'Linen' EF to dry emboss the card front.  The sentiment is the 'left behind' negative which I just couldn't bear to toss out.  It's from a Sizzix - Tim Holtz set of word dies.   The 'happy' and the 'birthday' are individual dies which I laid out, cut, and used on another birthday card but the way I laid them out meant that I had a scrap which could be trimmed into an interesting shape and used for this card.

     The giraffe die is from Cuts, and I cut them from orange and pink CS, then layered them onto the card front for a double exposure look.  The little stars are bits which fell out of a Hero Arts background die and I kept them for future use instead of throwing them away.  The final touch was to add the teeny-tiny gems (Recollections) to the center of the stars.

     Pretty quick and easy but a card which will be loved by a 2 year old.   :-D


       Challenges: 
Outlawz Friday

     That's it for today.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Rose Andrew said...

What a cute and fun card
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday craft challenge
Good Luck
Rose DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a wonderful birthday card for your great-grandchild! I love the sweet giraffes and really like how you used the negatives from your die cuts! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

*Vicki* said...

Awe! Yes, those colorful giraffes especially from a great gma is extra special for sure! Love the addition of the stars with the touch of sparkle in the centers! Adorable!

cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month for our Humorous challenge.