Thursday, June 8, 2023

Herding Chickens

      My first born grandson is now raising three children of his own and I know he'll understand this sentiment perfectly!  lol  This is the 3rd Father's Day card I've shared in a week and it may be my favorite so far.  I'm still working on one more which I'll send to my son (who is my eldest child.)  

     The image is from a vintage, digital coloring book, reduced in size to fit an A2 card.  I started with the image in grayscale but changed it to blue with my computer software before I printed it.  I cut the image and the top sentiment with QuicKutz dies.  The lower sentiment was cut with an Avery Elle die.  The plaid paper came from that Paper Studio stack which is still on my crafting desk and which seems to have so many wonderful masculine papers in it.


     Challenges:
Creative Inspiration
Cupcake Inspirations
Double Trouble (blue/mono/plaid)
Penny's P-C

     I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for Crafty Catz. Hope to see you then.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Leanne said...

This is so great, and funny too, nicely done, thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Happy Crafting!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Tracie said...

Such a fun card with a catchy sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at PIP Challenges.

Alyson Mayo said...

Super idea to use a digital colouring book page - love the plaid in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A brilliant card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

ScrappyHorses said...

Love this! Made me laugh! Great image with the sentiment and the plaid background is perfect! So happy you made us laugh over at Twisted Thursday! ~Katrina

ScrappyHorses said...

PS This would be perfect over at FarmQuest General Store Challenge! I like to play there; here is the address if you are interested: https://farmquestgeneralstorechallenge.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Really love this wonderful vintage image. It is perfect for a father's day card.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Excellent card for your grandson and love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Kerry Charles said...

What a great card for Father's Day. Thanks for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge. Kerry (DT)

Nora Noll said...

This is too cute. I love the vintage image and the fun sentiment you chose to use. Great design. Thank you for joining us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How perfect. Love the image and the sentiment.
Faith
x

Lori Podolsky said...

Fabulous card, Connie, and that sentiment is perfect! LOL Thanks for joining our latest challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ this month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

Happy crafting,

Angela

The Outlawz Challenges

Twisted Thursdays DT



https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/