Friday, June 2, 2023

Hug Your Teddy

      In our challenges over on the Conie Fong FB page, we always have an Anything Goes theme as long as you are using a Conie Fong image.  (Haven't joined the Facebook page?  Do it now.  It's quick, easy, and free.  Plus, you can find freebies there, too, so that you can join the challenge if you haven't already purchased some of Conie's images. :-D )  But this month, the DT ladies decided that we'd all do cards using some of Conie's fairies.  There are several and they're all simply darling!  I used one called "Precious" and I love how she's hugging her teddy so sweetly.  I reversed the image before printing it.

      I colored her with my Sanjoki markers, cut the image with a QuicKutz die, and then used a Uchida punch on the corners.  I found two scraps of CS in different shades of blue, both of which are reflected in the coloring, and I used my newest die from Hero Arts to cut and emboss the pieces I used for the background.  When I assembled the card, I tucked the edges of the image under some of the cut leaves and flower petals.  

     The sentiment is also from Conie Fong and I merged it with the image before printing.  My final touch was a hand-sewn bow with a pearl sewn onto it.  It was made with white ribbon, but I 'dyed' it with one of my markers.


     Challenges:
Pammie's IP (center column)

     Come play in our June challenge.  You may use any Conie Fong image - it doesn't have to be a fairy.  We love being inspired by you.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

What a super cute card Connie. The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect. I love the HA cover plate too. Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x
https://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/

Suze said...

Adorable card NanaConnie. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Cards By MI said...

Such sweet card with an adorable image. Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Markers.
Love n hugs
Marie

Bastelmichaela said...

A beautiful card, thanks for participating in the Friendship Challenge,
Hugs Michaela

BAstelfeti said...

What a cute Motiv, so sweet.
Thanks for joining Friendsip Challenge

Greetings BAstelfeti