Sunday, June 18, 2023

Cat Lady

      Those of you who have the opportunity to see the sidebar of my blog may think I'm a 'cat lady' so this card will need little explanation.  But I'm actually an animal person - cats just seem to fit my current lifestyle better.  

     I'm also a huge fan of the artist, Mariola Budek, and coloring her images never fails to make me feel like a great colorist!  I used this one for another birthday card, one which will go to a family member in the future.

     I colored the image with Sanjoki markers, then cut it with a rectangle Tonic Studio die.  I used a corner punch from Fiskars and it had three different corner options, of which I used 2.  I framed the image with a 'Linen' embossed dark pink CS piece and framed that with a scrap of light pink CS.  I used my bow maker to tie a double-loop bow, then printed and cut the sentiment with an Avery Elle die.  I used a tiny scrap of the dark pink CS to frame the sentiment.

     The background was made using a Darice EF on metallic paper for a 'hammered copper' look.


     Challenges:

     That's all I have for the weekend but I have a couple more images already colored up, waiting to be turned into 'masterpieces" (lol) so maybe you'll see another post tomorrow or Tuesday.  I feel a coloring binge coming on and that could mean I color rather than make cards but we'll see. 

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Monica C. said...

I agree that this is a beautiful image and you have showcased it beautifully, Connie.

Thank you for joining the Jan’s Digital Stamps challenge.

Monica C. DT Jan’s Digital Stamps

Curly said...

She is absolutely stunning,
Hugs Bridget :) xx

*Vicki* said...

Wow, that image is just stunning! Lots of detail and your coloring does look fabulous with this! The hammered copper background looks amazing too! Sometimes I feel like just coloring too...sometimes not as much...so I always have to go with my mood, but I sure look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Christin said...

Love your colouring! Thanks for sharing at DigiChoosday! Christin