Saturday, July 1, 2023

Christmas Kitties

      It's the first of the month and this is the day when the newest challenge would be starting over at QKR Stampede.  However, sad news to tell.  The challenges are on hold for the indefinite future.  The QKR brand (with the Eureka Stamps brand) is up for sale and, until a buyer is found, there's no website for you to visit to look at or purchase those digital images (or the rubber stamp equivalent.)

     However, as a DT member of the QKR Stampede challenge, I had prepared this card so I decided to share it here on my blog.  In honor of the "Christmas in July" we all love so much (and because I haven't even started making cards for my Christmas stash this year), I chose this Christmas Cats image.  I'm probably going to do mostly Christmas cards this month.

     I colored with a combo of Sanjoki and Copic markers, then cut both the image and the frame with cross-stitched Unbranded dies.  The dp is from Doodlebug.  I left it pretty CAS because most of my Christmas cards get mailed so they need to be flat.   Just a note - usually when I do CAS designs, I prefer a plain background instead of patterned paper but at Thanksgiving and Christmas, pretty dp seems to be so much more festive so it's dp as my favorite on holiday cards.  :-D

I pulled colors from the mood board at Double D
upper right and lower left.


     Challenges:
Carlin's Card ... "C" = Cats
   (rectangle, free, pattern paper)

     That's it for today but I'll be back tomorrow so stop by again.  :-D  NC

11 comments:

Barb Finnical said...

This is such a cute card NanaConnie! The cats are so snuggly looking! I too try to keep my cards flat for easy mailing. I could really go crazy with embellishments! I am so sorry to hear about the company being on hold. Hopefully a new buyer will be found soon. You did a great job on your card and we’re so happy to have you join us over at Christmas BINGO Challenges!

karin said...

So cute this image with the cats on it. Love your card.
Thanks for joining the challenge at Carlin's Kaartenparadijs.
Karin DT

carla said...

What a lovely image with the cats, I love It.
On the moment a have 9 kittens.
A great card.
Thank you for joining us at carlin's kaartenparadijs challenge.
Good Luck !
Carla

jimlynn said...

So sorry to hear about QKR shutting down for now. Hopefully someone will buy it out soon. All their images - and stamps - are so cute.
Love this little kitty card! The red for the background makes it pop. SO much fun - and great coloring too.
Lynn

Diane said...

As an owner of six kitties( 3 of mine look like yours Queenie, Molly and Cleo) you have to know I LOVE this, the cutest kitty card ever!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Janet said...

I always love a great kitty card! What a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays!
Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!

Anonymous said...

Lepa voščilnica. Hvala za sodelovanje v CRAFT-alnici, kjer sem gostja izziva. Lep pozdrav, Marica

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love all your Christmas kittens and all their colors and personalities. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge.

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! I love the cute kitties. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

AndrejaM said...

Zelo lepo si ustvarjala! Hvala ker s kosmatinci sodeluješ pri CRAFT-alnici

Andreja said...

Všeč so mi tvoji kosmatinci! Čudovita voščilnica :-))
Vesela sem, da ustvarjaš z nami v CRAFT-alnici ❤️