Thursday, July 20, 2023

Finding Ladybugs

      Once again, I'm featuring a Mariola Budek image.  No, I'm not on a DT for her, nor do I have any connection to her other than my love for her fabulous artwork.  She does magnificent images of women and hair, but I also dearly love her cute images of children and critters, not the least of which are her images of cats.  I bet that's a surprise to you, right?  :-D

     I've colored and used this image more than once but this is the first time I've done her as a redhead.  I decided on a spring/summer color palette and did the coloring with water color paints.  The image was cut with a Tonic Studios die, and I inked the edges.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The green flower strip was embossed with a Darice EF.  

     The red butterfly is machine embroidered and I thought it was a great complement to the hair tie and the ladybug.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

She's just so adorable NC! What a fantastic job you've done coloring her up and I love her in the red hair! I don't do that often enough!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cute card

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

Donna Walls said...

Precious image and I do love her red hair! Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Mrs A. said...

A sweet image. Both my sister and I have granddaughter's with red hair. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a sweet image and card! It's good to see you again at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again NC.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Your card is adorable! I love the image and the colors you used. Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Nunzia Carusio said...

Such a pretty and cute image. Perfect the design too.
Thanks for joining the challenge at Polkadoodles challenge!
Hope to see you again soon.
Nunzia DT

SugarShine Designs said...

This is such a cute image and your card design is just perfect for it! Thanks for participating in the Art Impressions challenge. Janet - Ai DT

Jana Forrest said...

What an adorable image Connie. Love the colors you have used. My little girl had red hair and it was always in a pony. Thanks for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT