Thursday, July 27, 2023

Christmas Candles

      I was lucky enough to have won a challenge over at Simon Says Stamp earlier this month, and I spent my prize certificate on some new Christmas dies (as if I didn't already have 200 Christmas dies!)  I used one of them on this card, the Christmas Candles from Paper Rose Dies.

     I cut a white square first, then used the die to cut both red and green CS scraps.  I cut away the candles and then the green branch, and glued those to the already cut, white square.  I used a gold paint pen on the candle flames.  I also added a red CS mat behind the candles.     

     The sentiment is from QKR Stampede, printed and fussy cut, then the edges were inked with a Copic marker.  I found a scrap of gold, sparkly ribbon and hand-tied the bow.

My design was influenced by the sketch at My Favorite Things,
but I adapted it for a larger, square card.

     Challenges:

     This card is #36 in my stash of Christmas cards, all made just this month.  I'd say that's a pretty good start on cards for this holiday season.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

*Vicki* said...

A really beautiful Christmas card with the candles and inlay circle design! Love that wonderful sparkle on the flames and gorgeous bow! Big congrats on your prize winnings!

Diane said...

Very pretty card, you don't see candle dies often and yours are beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Janet said...

Beautiful Christmas card with those red candles! Thanks for sharing this with us at Twisted Thursday at The Outlawz!