Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Caroling Hedgies

      Another Penny Black image but this time for another Christmas card.  I told you I was doubling down during this last full week of July.  :-D  I've made another four Christmas cards for the stash in the last 24 hours.  I've been digging through the folder of stamped and printed Christmas images left over from last year, none of which were colored yet, but having them stamped and ready made a huge difference in my crafting energy.

     I adore the Penny Black hedgies.  They are definitely favorites, second only to the cats and kittens.  I colored this image with my Sanjoki markers, then cut it with an octagon die from QuicKutz.  The sentiment was already on the image piece when I pulled it from the folder.  I used papers from Doodlebug and Paper Pizazz, both of which were scraps.  I added a tiny bit of heat embossing to the blades on the skates in the background paper.  The embossing powder has a bit of glitter in it so there's a tiny touch of sparkle.


     Challenges:

     That's all I have for today but tomorrow I'll have another post.  Do stop by again, won't you?  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Super cute Christmas card with the hedgies! I love the glow from the lantern and I'm sure it's great to be using some of those papers up!!

scrappymo! said...

I adore the hedgies too. This is such an adorable card and so nicely coloured too!
Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Maureen aka Scrappymo

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I have to say that I love these Hadgies too, such a beautiful card NanaConnie. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Connie,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Your card is wonderful and I love that stamped image of the Hedgies and you have coloured them wonderfully too.
Great papers used also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

mamapez5 said...

Very cute image. We all need a bit of joy in the world. Kate x

Loll said...

Adorable. Agree the hedgies are so sweet, especially this image. Great colouring!

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
Wendy DT