Friday, July 7, 2023

Eight Maids a Milking

      It's the 7th of another month and that means a new challenge over at FarmQuest General Store, where the theme is always "Anything Goes" but we also want to see 'country.'  That means anything farm, farming, farm animals, fields, open country, ranch, country roads, planting, harvesting - you get the picture.

     I'm kind of focused of Christmas cards this month, partly because I love laying in all the "Christmas in July" themed challenges, but also because I'm getting a late start on the 100+ Christmas cards I'm, going to need for this year.  So, today's 'country' card features a line from the Partridge in a Pear Tree carol, and you can't get much more country/farm than milking cows.  :-D

     The image is clip art and I cut it with a round QuicKutz die.  The octagon frame was cut with a die from Lawn Fawn (Lawn Cuts.)  The background is all gold glitter paper.  I found the red and gold sparkle ribbon in my stash and I have no idea where I got it.  The gold ribbon for the triple loop bow came from Really Reasonable Ribbon and I used my bow maker to tie it.

     I really love the red and gold color combo and all the sparkle from the glitter paper!


     Challenges:
Christmas Bingo (G- free/ribbon/glitter)
Lawn Fawnatics (Milk is food, right? lol)
Outlawz Thurs (Elegantly Rustic!)

     I hope you'll come and play with us this month.  We love seeing your creations.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Definitely elegantly rustic!! Love this with the gold and the braid down the side! So perfect!!

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a fabulous image, love how you accented it with the red and the sparkly gold background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Troubel!

Heather said...

Oh gosh, Connie, I think this card is brilliant! What a fabulous retro image, perfect for that line, and the gold background is stunning! What a beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Barbara said...

This is a great antique picture and I love how you framed it with red and gold perfectly. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Double D Challenge.

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ this month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

Happy crafting,

Angela

The Outlawz Challenges

Twisted Thursdays DT



https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Like the bold red octagon shaped frame for your black and white clipart... it's perfect against the gold glitter background love the add of the bow. I do very few bows with ribbon because I even have trouble using a bow maker with one stran no less you used three. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful image, love the gold and red, with all the sparkle, it really is a wonderful card.
Faith x

Alyson Mayo said...

Great card with a classic theme! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

JulieP said...

I love the image you chose for your focal point. Very cool juxtaposition with the sparkly gold background. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS Christmas challenge!

Barb Finnical said...

Connie, you've done it again! I love this beautiful Christmas card. The image is perfect and the gold really sets it off. Thanks so much for joining us over at Christmas BINGO Challenges. We love having you join us! :)