Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Wicked Witch of the West?

      OK, I know I've done mostly Christmas cards all month long, but as I was clearing the larger scraps off my workspace and sorting them into manila folders for future use, I ran across these Halloween die cuts.  They were all by themselves in a folder and, once opened, they refused to be shut away again.  So, on threat of some horrible magic potion or vicious curse, I agreed to turn them into a card right then and there.

     This card is made completely from die cuts and scraps.  The witch and the sentiment words are all from Cheery Lynn dies.  The background dp behind the witch is a scrap from an old (old, old, old!) DCWV stack.  I found the mat behind the "Happy" in another folder and fussy cut it, layered it onto the side of the card, trimmed the edge with a simple straight cut, and added the word 'Happy' so that the complete sentiment read 'Happy Halloween.' 

     A really fast and easy card that took less than 15 minutes!  Nothing like keeping the witch happy.  :-D


     Challenges:
     
     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your quick card Connie, great Witch and paper.
Faith x

Diane said...

Fabulous card put together with all 'scraps' just wishing to be used up, I think sometimes these are the best cards the way they come together!! Glad there was no hokus pokus involved!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Debbie Mageed said...

What a fun card! We all have that pile of leftovers on our craft tables and this is such a great example of what to do with them! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Mary M said...

Fun card. Thanks for joining our July Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.