Friday, September 15, 2023

Wizard Spells

      I love Halloween!  I love everything about it - the kids in costume, the sugar rush they get from the Trick or Treat goodies, the silliness of witches and wizard legends and traditions, and most of all making cards.  Halloween kind of makes Fall my favorite season!  :-D

     Since this is Friday, we have a new challenge starting over at Crafty Catz and our sponsor this week is Dr. Digi.  They generously supplied images to the DT but I chose to use one from my own collection, called "Spells for Beginners."  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" but we also offer an optional twist and this week it's "Use a Die;"  I used three.

     I colored with my Sanjoki markers, then used a QuicKutz die to cut the image.  I inked the edges so that it would stand out from the background.  The spiderweb background was made using scraps from paper by Doodlebug.  The spooky, black tree was cut using a die from Die-Versions, as were the bats.  I printed the sentiment and fussy cut it.  I inked the edges with a neon ProMarker.


     Challenges:
As You Like It (Fall because it has Halloween!)
Creative Knockouts (small die cuts)

     I hope we're going to see you playing along in our challenge this week.  Anything you make is fine as long as you use at least 1 die.  Can't wait to see you there.  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Curly said...

Love this fun Halloween card, the image makes me think that this is how Rincewind from The Colour Of Magic Disc world series.
Have a lovely weekend
hugs Bridget :)

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a brilliant card fantast colouring Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

*Vicki* said...

Fa-BOO-lous wizard especially with his sale pitch! Always a fun time for Halloween as I share your enthusiasm with it! Wonderful coloring and fun web background!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful card, love the Wizard and the background. Is he going to the same fair you are attending? :)
Faith x

Chris said...

This is such a great image, one of my Dr Digi favourites, beautiful colouring and I love the way you've framed him with the bats and webs
xx

Sue said...

Brilliant Halloween card Connie! great colouring too hugs Sue x

corysnana said...

Love the way you used this Dr. Digi image to make a Halloween card. Thanks for playing along with our September Challenge at Let's Craft & Create! Cathy LC&C DT