Thursday, September 14, 2023

When Your Denims Take a Break

      I've been MIA for a few days and that's going to happen every week this month, I'm afraid, but not without good cause.  My daughter is getting ready to have a booth at our county fair and I've been helping her get ready; decorations, hand made supplies, various envelopes and little CS sleeves for prize products - all have taken time away from my normal crafting and blog posting.  I'll also be assisting her in manning (woman-ing?) the booth during the last 2 weeks of September.  I apologize and hope that I can return to my normal routine in October.

     It's time for out next challenge at FarmQuest and our theme is "Denim Bib Overalls."  Remember, we always have a farm/country requirement but it's going to be pretty difficult NOT to do a country theme with bib overalls.  lol

     I know most of us don't think about what our clothes do all day, but when one lives on a farm or ranch, and works on typical country chores, our clothes work as hard (or harder) as we do and I think they deserve a break, too.  So, I searched through photo of denim overalls and chose this one as the focus point of my card.  :-D

     The image and the frames were cut with QuicKutz dies, and the sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The stars were left over from a previous project and were the bits which dropped out of a Brutus Monroe die.  A nice, CAS design which just shouts 'farm country."


     Challenges:

    
     Come play with us this fortnight!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh I love it! I used to wear some cut off bibs so many years ago now and this reminds me of them! LOL Such a fun card! Craft booths are hard work and keep you very busy! Wishing her lots of luck! Have a great weekend!

NanaConnie said...

Vicki, She has her own Color Street dry nail polish business, but it's still a huge investment of time and energy considering that some 350,000 people attend the Fair annually, and potentially half of those could visit the booth over the 2 weeks. Sheesh! lol

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful set of overalls, love the patches, a perfect card for Country Connie. Good luck to your daughter, hope she smashes all records.
Faith x

Sue said...

Fabulous set of overalls and love all the patches Connie..Glad to have you on our team! hugs Sue x