Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Smiling Snail

      I miss having the challenges at QKR Stampede and can hardly wait to put the design team back together and get them started up again.  But since the QKR and the Eureka Stamps brands (sister brands) are still up for sale, that won't happen until there's a new buyer and a new store.  QKR Stampede is still sponsoring a few challenges so we're not gone altogether but if you know anyone who might be interested in owning those brands, let us know!  :-D

     In the meantime, I simply had to keep my hand in by coloring and using a QKR Stampede image, this one called "Smiling Snail."  The sentiment is also from QKR.  I used my Sanjoki markers to color the snail, then cut it with a Spellbinders die.  I believe that set of square Spellbinders dies was the first set of dies I ever purchased and that goes back a long way!  

     The sentiment was printed and cut with a Tonic Studios die.  The background dp came from a package of scrapbooking paper by EK Success.  I tied a double loop using my bow maker and sheer blue ribbon.

I pulled colors from My Favorite Things,
(using a tiny bit of red on his eyes and spots.)

     Challenges:

     That's all I have for today but I'll be back in a couple of days with a new card for the FarmQuest General Store challenge.  Be sure to check back then.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Michelle N. said...

This is such a cute image, and you've colored him beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful coloring indeed!! Thanks for linking up to our September challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

Lori Podolsky said...

What a cute card and awesome sentiment, Connie. So glad you joined our Add a Sentiment challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

Arlene said...

I don't know how you made a snail so darn cute, but you did! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Connie, he is just so lovely, beautiful colouring too. Yes! I miss QKR too.
Faith x