Wednesday, February 15, 2023

One Hot Pepper!

      My SIL is a fabulous cook, BBQ Master, and gardener.  One of his specialties is hot sauce which he makes from peppers he's grown in his own garden.  I'm definitely NOT a fan of things which are spicy hot so I've never tasted any of his hot sauces, but lots of others rave about them.  So, when I found this fun QKR Stampede image in the shop, called "Hot Pepper,"  I knew it would make a perfect birthday card for him.  His birthday is in 2 days.  :-D  Inside it says, "Here's one for your BIRTHDAY!"

     Since this is Day 1 of our latest challenge at QKR Stampede, I thought this would be an appropriate time to share this card with you.  Don't forget, we have a DT Call going and we'd love to see you apply.  It will close this week, so get your application in!  

     I colored the image with ProMarkers, and cut it with an Unbranded die.  In honor of the 'sparkle' that comes from spicy heat, I added Stickles glitter to the negative parts of the die cut.  The sentiment was printed and fussy cut, using scissors.  The card front was made from scrap of orange CS.


     Challenges:
    
     Come by and play in our challenge.  It runs until the end of the month and our theme is always "Anything Goes."  We'd love to see you there.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This gives me a big chuckle because my husband and I joke about this very thing all of the time! We aren't very spicy people either! It's a darling card and I just love how you've framed the image!!

Cards By MI said...

So very cool. Charming image! Thanks for playing along with us over at Passion for Markers this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is such a fun image and has definitely given me a giggle. Wonderful colouring. Love how you've used the die cut background. I have a very similar Spellbinders die, so I feel inspired! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Connie, this is just perfect, I love the image, not seen it before! Love your colouring and a great sentiment too. A Super card. Bet he loved it.
Hugs
Faith x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this image is fabulous! My son would get a kick out of this fun image. Super fun card.

jimlynn said...

TOO cute and fun and I know she's going to love this. Love the way you framed it out too. Precious!
Lynn

Sioban said...

Where has that one been hiding. I haven’t seen it before. Very sexy! Love the card Connie.

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Connie. The image is fantastic and your colouring is perfect. I'm sure it was a big hit with your SIL. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

R's Rue said...

Absolutely love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful creation, thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Hug’s Ilonka DT

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wonderful creation. Thanks for entering you card at Girlz Rebel Challenge
Das een hele mooie creatie. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Girlz Rebel Challenge
hugs
Claudia
DT Girlz Rebel challenge
Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com
https://girlzcreativechristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/
https://girlzmakesguyzcards.blogspot.com/