Thursday, February 9, 2023

"Frog Dandy"

      When I saw this image (sent to me by a friend who wanted a birthday card made), my mind immediately jumped to my childhood and I could hear my dad saying, "Well, aren't you looking frog-dandy!"  It was one of his expressions which I never really understood but it always made be think of a frog all dressed up in his finest duds.

     When it was given to me, the image was very pastel, almost grayscale, and I knew I wanted it to be brighter.  I used ProMarkers and colored pencils to bring up the colors and I also used my photo editing software to enhance the coloring.  I cut the image with a QuicKutz rectangle die and used a Fiskars corner punch on it.  I pulled out the scrap basket and pulled out various dp scraps which I thought would work with this image.  I played a bit layering them in different ways and finally settled on what you see here.  I used the corner punch again on the scrap that frames the image.  The sentiment was done with a computer font and cut with scissors.


    Challenges:

    I hope this card brings a smile to your face.  I send a photo of it to my friend who ordered the card and she loved it.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun card with your dapper looking frog!! I love how you've added that sentiment with him too! Fun way to use this image!

jimlynn said...

It really is putting a smile on my face! LOVE! He's so cute all decked out in his finery. I've never hear that expression before but like it a lot! Great coloring on the image and a wonderful card.
Lynn

Melanie Hungerford said...

Never heard that expression before, but your card certainly seems to fit it well! Great job, thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

Liz said...

Great card, Connie. Clever idea to enhance the original colours and I love the sentiment. xx

Donna Walls said...

I've never heard that expression before, my dad used to say my sisters and I always looked "pretty as pictures". It's fun to hear expressions from different parts of the country. We Southerners have some hum-dingers! Great card Connie, Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects soon.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful "Dandy" he is, Connie, love the colours and the card.
Faith x

corysnana said...

What a dandy card for a fun birthday!! Love the image. Thanks for sharing your creation on the Let's Craft & Create Blog this month. Cathy LC&C DT

Sari / Granne said...

Wonderful image, love it and you've done a great job coloring it, beautiful papers too. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 108.