Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Who, Me?

      I have to start today's post with an abject apology to all my followers and to one or more artists who still remain unknown to me.  I got myself into trouble by relying on a friend of mine who sent me dozens and dozens of stamped or printed images over a period of a few months nearly 2 years ago.  

     I had suffered a flash drive crash and lost all my digital images which had been collected over a period of more than 10 years.  Needless to say, I was devastated.  My friend, who was concerned that I might stop card making altogether, undertook to stamp (or print, in the case of digital) images and actually mail them to me in batches over a period of a few weeks.  Many of the digital images were printed in grayscale and that was my introduction to that particular style of image.  I learned to love grayscale because of the wonderful shading and highlights they provide when they are colored.

     I really appreciated her efforts and undertook to use many of those over the last 20+ months.  This week, I learned that at least some of the digital images she sent me were copyright protected and I therefore had no right to use them.  Unfortunately, when she mailed them to me, she gave me no information regarding what company or artist created or owned them.  I HAVE NOW REMOVED THE POSTS FROM MY BLOG which were referenced when I was notified of the copyright violation and I don't intend to use any more of the unused digital images she had sent me.

     All of that in order to say that I have no idea if the image I used for this card was one she sent me or not.  It was lying on my craft desk (as opposed to being in the file of things she sent me), colored up and waiting to be used, before I was notified about the copyright issue.  I turned it into this card and then realized that it might well be something she had sent me.  I have no information regarding the artist or company but that's true of a lot of images I had gotten at a crafting group where we each stamped an image and then shared them when the group met to make cards or scrapbook pages together.  However, I think this one was a rubber stamped image.

     So, if anyone can identify the artist, please let me know and I will immediately give them credit for the image.

     I used ProMarkers to color the image and add the colored border around the edges.  I cut it with a QuicKutz die.  The plaid paper came from a Lawn Fawn stack.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  The ribbon and the fabric flowers came from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Kate said...

Love that sweet little cat image! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create! Hope to see you again soon,
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

*Vicki* said...

Awe! That is such a darling kitty NC!! I love those eyes! The image perfectly goes with the color of your paper background too! Sorry to hear that you've had so many issues with the digital images. If you ever need any help with anything, just let me know. Most of my collection comes from a very long line span of hoarding physical stamps. LOL Stamping out images for someone is NOT a crime as far as I know, so let me know if you'd like something I have. CRAFTY HUGS

NanaConnie said...

Thank you, Vicki. What a sweet offer. :-D

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a gorgeous kitty!! Nana Connie, I'm so sorry you're having trouble with the images you have. It's good to see you're still crafting though. Thanks for joining us Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the cute kitty image. Thanks for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x