Monday, August 22, 2022

Lazy Days

      I got so intrigued with the challenge options at the Butterfly Challenge that I decided to try a Faux Stepper card using all four of the color options (Fandango, Fulvos, Forest Green, and Flirt), plus faux stitching.  I followed the instructions available on the Butterfly website for the faux stepper shaped card, then colored my image and added the faux stitching.  I've played before but this is the first time I've used all the options and it really was fun!

     The image was colored with ProMarkers, pencils, and watercolors on the background, then cut with a Tonic Studios die.  Papers are from a Recollections stack.  I did the faux stitching with a purple gel pen.  The sentiment was cut with an Avrey Elle die.


Here's a shot which shows the faux step better.

     Challenges:
As You Like It  (Cats are my favs because there is so much you can do in coloring their fur)
Word Art Weds.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a really sweet kitty image! I love him hypnotized with the fluttering going on! LOL!! You've done such an amazing job with this faux stepper design my friend!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh Connie, this card is so pretty! Your kitty is just wonderful! Love the faux step and will have to try it soon. I am so glad you are back in your craft room! Hope you are feeling 100% better! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping

Kampin' Karen said...

Nana, I love your little kitty and the butterflies. Your faux stitching is perfect for your faux step! Thank you for entering the Creative Creases Challenge. Karen, DT

CraftingMum said...

what a sweet card thanks for joining us at colour crazy

My Side of Oz said...

Totally beautiful, Nana Connie! Love that sweet kitty and the lazy days senti! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges this month! Nan, DT