Saturday, August 20, 2022

Mystic Journey

      This card was so easy, I almost hesitate to write up a blog post about it, but then, easy is sometimes exactly what we need !  I printed the digital stamp onto lavender CS, cut it with rectangle die from QuicKutz, and matted it with white CS.  The purple background was dry embossed with an embossing folder (but I don't remember the name of it - something about waffles) from Darice.  I wrapped the card front with dark blue, sheer ribbon and used purple sheer ribbon to sew one of my signature bows.  

I spend an afternoon & evening sewing up those bows and have them handy to just grab from the stash.  That allows me to combine my two biggest passions, sewing and card making.  :-D

The sentiment was printed and cut with another QuicKutz die.  


     Challenges:

     Have yourself a fantastic weekend !  I'm headed back to the craft room where I'm going to have myself a 2 day coloring binge.  I may even get another card done before the weekend is over but mostly, I want to color and color and color ...

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

7 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

May be simple, but still lovely! Such a nice and encouraging sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this "simple" really packs a punch my friend! I do love the purple with the touch of blue here! What a cool image! Thanks for sharing your crafty fun with us friend!

Dena J said...

Dreamy image and perfect color to enhance it. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Kathyk said...

Lovely make and a fantastic choice of colour theme

Kathyk

coldwaters2 said...

Pretty card love the colours and embossing thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card and image, love the embossing background and your beautiful bow. This is much too lovely not to blog about, it's a shame we feel that we have to do a lot of work for it to be worth blogging and accepted.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful fantasy scene which is complemented by the purple embossed base card and pretty ribbon details. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.
Lorraine