Friday, September 10, 2021

State Fair Gnomes

      Conie Fong has some of the most adorable gnomes and I'm going to be sharing DT cards using some of the newly released gnomes this month.  This is my first one and the image is called "Pumpkin Gnome."  The set comes with 4 Gnome images (facing right and left) and 2 sentiments and it's ON SALE for $2.00 right now!  Go check it out.  

     These happy gnomes seem to be so proud of their harvest and are on their way to enter them into the competition at the state fair.  :-D

     I merged the right and left facing gnomes into a single image, and added my own sentiment before printing.  I colored it with my ProMarkers, then cut it with a large, square, QuicKutz die.  I used a ProMarker to ink the edges of the image.  The dp was a scrap which I cut into smaller pieces before adding it to the card front.  I had embossed the card front with my Linen EF for a slight bit of texture.

     I hand tied the double-loop, grosgrain, bow with the help of my bow maker and added it to the top corner.  I think this is a card which could be used for either a guy or a gal.


          Challenges:
As You Like It (squares over circles because they don't require a die to cut them.  :-D )

     Don't forget that Conie Fong has two challenges which each run for an entire month over on the Facebook page.  One is for coloring only and the other is for completed projects like this one.  You do have to use a Conie Fong image but with this one on sale (along with one or two others - check out the Pumpkin Kitties, too!) and with so many cute, cute, CUTE images, how can you resist?  We hope to see you there.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

9 comments:

*Vicki* said...

These gnomies are SUPER cute NC!! I love how you've made the single image work so he has a pumpkin buddy! The colors are perfect for Autumn and really love your pretty tied bow!! Happy weekend!

Julie Odil said...

Connie, those gnomes are so cute! Thanks for joining us this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Julie, DT member

Elaine Stark said...

Very cute and colourful. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

Kampin' Karen said...

Nana, these are so cute. Great job coloring and printing.

Pattie G said...

Such cute little gnomes. I love how you colored the image. It goes perfectly with our theme “Anything Goes” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

Monica C. said...

Those two are so sweet! I love how you have put them together.
Hugs Monica

R's Rue said...

So cute my friend. Wonderfully done. Have a great day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Nunzia Carusio said...

So pretty images, love those gnomes and I like that ribbon on the corner very much!
Thanks for sharing your card at Polkadoodles Challenge blog.
×
Nunzia