Sunday, June 13, 2021

Summer Campfire

      As the state of California opens up again after 15 months of lockdown due to COVID-19, I'm looking forward to summer campouts, camp fires, and toasted marshmallows!  Another new challenge has started at Pammie's Inky Pinkies today and the theme is our usual "Anything Goes."  

     Our sponsor this week is Jan's Digi Stamps and they provided images for the DT to use in their inspiration projects.  I used "Alone Together" and I love the end result of merging images from that set.  I used ProMarkers to color the image and cut it with a die from Spellbinders.   

     I love using a 'fancy' die to cut an image and then make a CAS card which looks very fancy simply because of the die cut.  This card is quite literally nothing more than the cut image and the green card base.  CAS cards are always easier to mail than those which are too fat with embellishments to fit into an envelope!

     I added one of my signature bows, made from white ribbon which has been 'dyed' with a ProMarker, and with a single pearl sewn on.  Once I learned to 'dye' ribbon, this became a technique I love because I can use nothing but white ribbon and I can make the color match one of the colors in the image or in dp if I've used any.


     Challenges:
Stamping Sensations

     I hope we're going to see yo0u playing in our challenge this week.  Remember, it's Anything Goes and you certainly can't lose with that theme.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely peaceful summery scene, thank you so much for sharing a crafty 'I love....' with us at Stamping Sensations June challenge.

B x

Bunny said...

This looks very calming. Lovely card. [Bunny]

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

What a cute card. Hope we all get back to normal soon.

Jan Mahew said...

Great job Connie! Roast a few Marshmallows for me!
Hugs,
Jan

valscraftings said...

Fabulous card, love the scene!

Thanks for joining in at IkesWorldchallenges
DT Val x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This has such a relaxing and comfortable feel about the card, it's wonderful Connie.
Faith x

Brenda said...

I hope your summer is full of fun times like that reflected in your beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

maria f. said...

A lovely scene. Bring on summer.

Monica C. said...

Lovely, peaceful looking scene image, Connie.
I hope you have completely recovered. I am sorry that I have been missing for a while, I was away.
Hugs Monica

Aunty Sue said...

Fabulous make and so pleased you shared with us at Crafty catz this week

Mrs.B said...

That's a lovely summer scene you created.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations, Avril x

Stacey said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's.
Dt Stacey www.buttercreations.blog

Dora said...

Beautiful card with this little scene.Thank you for joining at stamping sensations

Sladjana Perisic said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge ~ Donna

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the die cut you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

Helen x

Mia said...

Beautiful scene, Connie! Lovely card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Ike’s world with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Ike’s world
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Borqna said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining in at IkesWorld challenges.
Good luck!